Tips for a morning workout!

Options
Hi everyone. During my pregnancy with my one year old and the past couple months I’ve been a couch potato. I gained a lot of weight and this past week and a half I’ve been waking up at 5:30 am then heading to the gym for a great workout with cardio and weights.

Anyone have any morning tips? Do you eat anything like protein wise before you leave? I’ll take any advice to further help my fitness journey. Thanks!

Replies

• FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the little one 😊. I can't eat in the AM because of my medicine but I love waking up, pouring a tall glass of cold ice water and sitting on the couch finishing it while waking up. For some reason it really gets me going! And I know I'm properly hydrated by the time I start running. I also have a set "leave time" at 7 am, if I'm out the door any later than that then it's too hot outside to run. So that always gets me going... I try to get out as early as possible because it's always cooler! Not sure how this will work in the fall lol.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I'm probably not a good person to comment, because I can't even think before I have coffee - but I have changed to ice coffee and that is helping. I have several friends that swear by a cup of hot water with lemon to rev them up in the morning.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I boil eggs on the weekend and eat a cold one before I head out the door. Sometimes a hand full of trail mix too.
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    It depends... I am a 5:30 a.m. workout-er as well, and I have a hard time eating a big meal that early. It depends. Sometimes I make overnight oats the night before which is an easy thing to have all prepped and eat quick in the morning. I do 1 scoop protein powder, 1/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and a little no sugar maple syrup, stir, and throw in fridge. It settles overnight an is quick to eat in the morning and gives me my protein and a little carb.

Or sometimes I just have a little bit of apple, maybe a toasted slice of ezekiel bread, and get my workout in, then eat some protein after - usually eggs or egg whites with some ground turkey and veggies.