Silly rabbit calorie countings for kids!

Options

Replies

• Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Ok so calorie restriction diet starts tomorrow morning. I’ll do 24 hours of no food just a limited amount of water. Since I have a huge problem once I start eating I can’t stop. It’s like I’m possessed and any and all logic goes out the window. I’ve done fasting from 3pm to 6am with no real results. So I’ll try no food for 24 hours then check in on Friday. Does anyone have any fasting tips ?

Yes I do: Don't do it.

Instead, just log everything accurately. Swapping apps won't make you stick to your goals any better. Ditch the all or nothing attitude you've got and instead focus on making little changes. Make sure you're eating enough. Eating less can make you want to binge. If you binge you lose your deficit, if you don't you make yourself miserable. Don't do that to yourself. Start off by logging everything you're eating without actively trying to reduce your calorie intake. Then move on to reducing the number of calories you're eating. By logging your "normal" food, you can see patterns and it will let you identify where you can make the easiest changes.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast, eat a small lunch and have a big dinner with the family and add a little ice cream for dessert.

You sound like my female twin! This is exactly what my eating day looks like.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    I skip breakfast, eat a small lunch and have a big dinner with the family and add a little ice cream for dessert.

Me, three!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

Me, three!

Ice cream is awesome, especially the coffee kind..... don't get too far off track!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    This thread did not go where I expected. Or maybe it did...

OP, as others have stated, there is absolutely no reason for you to do a 24-hour fast. That only risks setting yourself up for a binge-restrict cycle that is far more damaging to your long-term goals than a few days eating in surplus.

I agree with this.

Someone post the flow chart thingy.

@Hitmecaffeine323 how long have you been at it? It sounds like you are really freaking out over daily weight fluctuations. These are totally normal, for everyone. I suggest setting a realistic plan, and giving it a month before you make up your mind about progress. Overnight changes mean nothing, seriously!

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options

Me, three!

Me four!
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Deviette wrote: »
    Ok so calorie restriction diet starts tomorrow morning. I’ll do 24 hours of no food just a limited amount of water. Since I have a huge problem once I start eating I can’t stop. It’s like I’m possessed and any and all logic goes out the window. I’ve done fasting from 3pm to 6am with no real results. So I’ll try no food for 24 hours then check in on Friday. Does anyone have any fasting tips ?

Yes I do: Don't do it.

Instead, just log everything accurately. Swapping apps won't make you stick to your goals any better. Ditch the all or nothing attitude you've got and instead focus on making little changes. Make sure you're eating enough. Eating less can make you want to binge. If you binge you lose your deficit, if you don't you make yourself miserable. Don't do that to yourself. Start off by logging everything you're eating without actively trying to reduce your calorie intake. Then move on to reducing the number of calories you're eating. By logging your "normal" food, you can see patterns and it will let you identify where you can make the easiest changes.

This is fantastic advice. You don't need to cut out carbs or sugar or any other type of food to lose weight. There is nothing I ate before starting MFP and losing weight that I don't eat now. Literally nothing, no exaggeration--I just east smaller portions so I stay within my daily calorie allotment.