Blood sugar feels like its dropping when I tell myself I'm going on a strict diet

Options
2»

Replies

• svel713
    svel713 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I think you just need to budget better. Either you have your priorities out of order (necessities, like FOOD and saving for retirement should come first) or you're just not paying close enough attention to your spending. Are you just tallying up your expenses after the fact or do you you budget as you go? I use a budget app that way it's always on my phone and easily accessible and I always know if I have enough money for whatever it is I want to buy.

I have an excel budget sheet that I update every 1-3 days and a monthly one with big stuff like car repairs and medical expenses that gets updated yearly.

I used unbury.me to check how much more I'd have to pay to be debt free in 10 years and its a consistent payment of $850/mo., even after my old car is paid off this December.

I'm one of those people who doesn't get any help from family while I see people way older than me get bailed out of emergencies. And then they get luxuries like free vacations and free cars, too.

Hearing my in laws call to say they got my sister in law a 2017 Dodge Caravan and then having my car break down knowing I'm never offered anything doesn't help. I think I just need to wait 24 hours before I allow myself to panic.

Luckily I just heard its likely a recall issue. All the $3k+ I spent on repairs on my car the past 2.5 years are due to recall issues that were never fixed. I can stop food panicking now.
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I spent $413 this month on 2 people this month. I usually spend $300-ish. US food stamps is around $194/month max benefit, but I heard of people going lower.

Are you perhaps using extreme food restriction to punish yourself/partner for overspending as you are not in fact broke just not saving as much as you'd like?

Punishing myself. I grew up super strict. I know I will give in if the wife wants something.

I feel broke compared to age appropriate savings goals, but I'm farther along financially than everyone I know. The only ways people have passed me my age are when people's parents massively pitch in.

If I would want one thing, it'd be the down payment for a small house. I'll be at or past the typical age 32 before I can get the down payment.

I can even sign the loans by myself with my 738 credit score. :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    Well, people are more likely to get help if they ask for help.

OTOH, money from family often has strings attached or can turn into a toxic situation, so it can be better to just avoid getting help from family.