I love sauces of all kinds!!! Share your favorite bought or homemade sauces with me!!

Options
sonyajohnston1006
sonyajohnston1006 Posts: 34 Member
I adore sauces of all consistencies and types-it is such a great way to flavor my food just enough where I can satisfy any kind of craving. I am huge on different hot sauces and Korean sauces and just about everything in between. What are some of your favorites or staples you just have to have in the house? Low calorie and/or healthy is awesome but not necessary if you want to share!

I’ll start: I always have to have sriracha, kewpie (Japanese mayo), ketchup, low fat hidden valley ranch, Korean bbq sauces usually in 2-3 different flavors, Korean hot pepper paste (gochuchang), salsa verde (sauce??? Haha sure why not), red salsa, peanut sauce, hoisin sauce, and SO much more omg I couldn’t name them all... let’s just say my pantry and fridge are stockpiled 😂😍
Let me know what sauces you love and if there is anything in particular you love to eat with said sauces.

One of my favorite easy meals to make at home features peanut sauce and a little sriracha. It consists of:
-zucchini noodles aka zoodles
-organic medium firm tofu
-egg whites
-minced garlic
-green onions
-shredded chicken or turkey or shrimp
-peanut sauce
-sriracha
-cherry tomatoes on top ❤️

Super simple to throw everything into a pan and then throw in the zoodles second to last before the sauce... you don’t need much to get that wonderful peanut sauce taste and then drizzle a little sriracha on top and add some fresh cherry tomatoes-SO GOOD!!

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,624 Member
    Options
    Toum, alioli, satay, nuoc cham. Laoganma chilli paste.
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Katsu sauce, mustard, buffalo wild wings sauces, tabasco, siracha, a1 steak sauce, soy sauce, ponzu and thats all i can think of.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/3-healthy-diy-condiment-alternatives/
    (Note: The walnut sauce contains no walnuts.)
  • sonyajohnston1006
    Options
    Thank you!!! I’m going to be tasting all of these and I have tried a lot of these but forgot about them and need to add them to my current collection-I’m actually going to an aioli tasting soon at a local boutique haha!! Going to grab some of that and try out new brands of sauces as well and try making some homemade. I just ordered a new hot sauce yesterday called “Truff” it is a black truffle infused hot sauce and only 10 calories per teaspoon so I am pumped to see what it’s like.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Vidalia Onion steak sauce, and an "Apple cinnamon bbq sauce" we found at a roadside store. One of those places you see signs for miles before the store "Tomatoes this way" "Peaches this way", etc.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    balsamic glaze, various mustards (dijon, spicy brown, honey dijon,...), Worcester (stew), wine (burgundy & sauvignon blanc), squeeze bottle of minced garlic, bottle of garlic paste, BBQ sauce, Frank's, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Pickapeppa sauce (Jamaican), Peri Peri sauce (Portuguese/African) are two spicy hot sauces that are among my favorites. Chimichurri sauce (Argentina) is mild, and great with grilled foods. Aji sauce (Peru) ranges from mild to hot, comes in various colors, and is great with chicken and on sandwiches.
  • sonyajohnston1006
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »
    Pickapeppa sauce (Jamaican), Peri Peri sauce (Portuguese/African) are two spicy hot sauces that are among my favorites. Chimichurri sauce (Argentina) is mild, and great with grilled foods. Aji sauce (Peru) ranges from mild to hot, comes in various colors, and is great with chicken and on sandwiches.

Oh YUMMM!!! Thank you-going to try all of this!!
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Blend 1 red bell pepper, 1/4 cup each white vinegar and sugar, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper (to taste) until smooth. Cook in small saucepan, stirring frequently until the sauce cooks down slightly and bubbles are gone (maybe 5 minutes).

It's sweet, sour, and as spicy as you want it. I found the recipe in some Reader's Digest cookbook my parents had. I call it ruby sauce after the recipe that contained it, Ruby Lamb, but it's good on everything. Best dip ever for chicken or chicken-like nuggets.
  • sonyajohnston1006
    Options
    Vune wrote: »
    Blend 1 red bell pepper, 1/4 cup each white vinegar and sugar, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper (to taste) until smooth. Cook in small saucepan, stirring frequently until the sauce cooks down slightly and bubbles are gone (maybe 5 minutes).

It's sweet, sour, and as spicy as you want it. I found the recipe in some Reader's Digest cookbook my parents had. I call it ruby sauce after the recipe that contained it, Ruby Lamb, but it's good on everything. Best dip ever for chicken or chicken-like nuggets.

Omg I am so excited to try this!!! Thank you for the recipe, I just ordered some vegan “chicken” nuggets that are supposed to be delicious (I’m not vegan but I like to try all kinds of new foods-plus they are lower calorie) so I’ll make this sauce to dip them into-can’t wait!
  • acpgee
    Options
    I made toum tonight for the first time. Previously only ate it in Middle Eastern restaurants. It's wonderful but unfortunately if you want to do it in a food processor instead of with a mortar and pestle you need to make a huge batch. Maybe in the future I will just try to buy it from the Lebanese restaurant across the street. I didn't bother with removing the germ of the garlic. Peeling 130g of garlic cloves (about 4 heads) was work enough.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2018/01/toum.html

• sonyajohnston1006
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    I made toum tonight for the first time. Previously only ate it in Middle Eastern restaurants. It's wonderful but unfortunately if you want to do it in a food processor instead of with a mortar and pestle you need to make a huge batch. Maybe in the future I will just try to buy it from the Lebanese restaurant across the street. I didn't bother with removing the germ of the garlic. Peeling 130g of garlic cloves (about 4 heads) was work enough.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2018/01/toum.html

Yummmm-thank you!! I just had a new sauce delivered today that I plan to try this weekend or Monday and now I have a few I want to make-I’ll let you know how I like it once I’ve made it!
  • acpgee
    Options
    Here is a sweet/savoury sauce recipe I love. Vietnamese caramel/fish sauce. Use it to coat roasted chicken wings, or add some to the braising liquid for pork or chicken, or brush onto BBQ or grilled meat. Keeps indefinitely in a glass jar in the fridge.

http://blogs.kcrw.com/goodfood/2012/11/vietnamese-caramel-fish-sauce-my-new-magic-potion/
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    walden farms https://www.waldenfarms.com/categories.php

zero calories, zero carb, zero fat, huge variety, taste much better than no sauce at all
  • fdhunt1
    fdhunt1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Tried Walden Farms products - absolutely terrible.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    fdhunt1 wrote: »
    Tried Walden Farms products - absolutely terrible.

I suppose if I did keto instead of counting calories , that I would enjoy the regular stuff more...but if you care about calories, like I said, it is better than no sauce at all.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I just bought about 7 jars of different mustards (horseradish, tarragon, peppercorn, etc), I also like reduced sodium soy sauce, walnut oil, sesame oil. But more than sauces, I am really into herbs and seasonings. When I use a sauce, I use it very sparingly and have found that a teaspoon full is usually enough. Stonewall Kitchen makes a lot of really good sauces.
  • sonyajohnston1006
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!! I have so much to try!! Been buying up spices and sauces left and right-yummmmm!!
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Yummy ideas everyone!!!
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Bitchin Sauce. They have a few different ones, chipotle is my favorite. http://www.bitchinsauce.com/