When to exercise in a week day?

Options
2»

Replies

• bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    That's a tough schedule. I've always been most successful before work. That is really early for you but I think its your best bet. Just gonna have to hit the hay a little earlier.
  • jjjhearts
    jjjhearts Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I usually workout after work; reach the gym by 5pm or earlier, and spend around 50 mins to an hour depending on what I decide to do. That's what works best with my schedule so I can head home straight after; I used to enjoy working out in the morning, but I'm already waking up at 6am every weekday.
    Though 4-5pm is the time I feel sleepy, I try my best to focus.
    As long as you push yourself, regardless of the duration you can still get a good burn. Consistency is key for me.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I’d find a way to make it work at lunch, whatever it takes
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Do you not get a lunch break at your work? I would take a walk during lunch. I can eat in 10-15 minutes and then use the rest of that time to walk.

Are you the person responsible for preparing the kids' meals? Is there another adult in the family who could cook on some days while you work out?
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I usually do early morning. It works best for me and is a mental boost for the rest of the day: even if the rest of the day is crap, at least I got my workout in.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Personal preference all the way! I'd go for early because I find exercise in the morning invigorates me for the rest of the day. My OH, not so much...
  • apatel1
    apatel1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lunch break would be ideal, but I don't get a break! I really need a better job with less hours, anyway, that's a whole other story.
    I had a quick run last night as soon as I got home, and we all ate around 7:15pm afterwards. That worked out pretty well, but its school holidays so not a problem. In the school term we'll have to have dinner earlier, I'll work out an hour later. Pity its going to get dark in the evening soon.