Protein Carb breakfast ideas

Options
I currently do 4oz of some protein and carb in the morning. I do weight training hence the carbs. I am so tired of eggs for protein. I’m just looking for ideas as far as breakfast. I’m on the go in the morning so anything I can meal prep in advance is amazing. I’m also trying to stay away from dairy but I am doing coconut/almond milk. Please share any and all ideas!

Replies

• jenkauff1
    jenkauff1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You could use vegetable protein like black beans... maybe a maple (flavoring) black bean sausage patty? Use non-dairy cheese as a binding agent. Or tofu and prepare it like you would eggs with some butter flavoring (Molly McButter) and salt & pepper.
  • jenkauff1
    jenkauff1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes can boost your protein pre or post workout, too. I'm not speaking from a ton of experience, just things I've tried when I was lifting lightly.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    There are some useful suggestions in this infographic:

vjs33miyw82q.jpg
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Your coconut or almond milk will have very little protein. If you like soy milk, it will give you a bit more protein, but still not much.

Depending on how much protein you're trying to get in, fruit with nut butter was my go-to pre-workout snack for a while. If you want more protein than that, you might be looking at fruit smoothies with protein powder and/or PB2. For something savory, you can make scrambled tofu with veggies, which reheats well.

You also don't have to have "breakfast" food for breakfast. I made homemade seitan last week, which has about 15 grams of protein for a 100 calorie serving. If you're not a seitan fan, you can cook lean meats the night before and reheat them the next morning. Add a piece of toast if you want more carbs. There's no reason you can't have chicken and toast in the mornings if you want it :)