what is your go to meal when you don't feel like cooking?

Options

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Quarterpounder meal - but it didn't cut it for me tonight, protein wise, so had to have a colonel's meal :(
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Tuna w/celery, onion, hummus w/ avocado and tomato slices and lettuce sandwiches.
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Chipotle OR Cereal.
  • almostfamous5295
    almostfamous5295 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    a microwaved sweet potato is always pretty easy for me
  • CoozyRoo
    CoozyRoo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A can of Amy's Soup and an apple.

^^This! My new favorite is the curried lentil and vegetable lentil soups.
  • dreamingdaughter
    dreamingdaughter Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Got to be Quorn Lasagne or the Quorn Chilli & Wedges - really low cal and I just bang it in the oven. Job done ;)
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    These Grok things are friggin' unbelievable:

http://www.grok.it/en/flavours/gusto-deciso/

One bag is 300 calories of pure cheesy deliciousness. Loads of fat and protein in them, too, so they're pretty filling (20g fat, 0g carb, 30g protein.)

Unfortunately, they're expensive and hard to find... I saw them on sale at some random website months ago and bought about 20 bags. Already running low... :-(

EDIT: Oh, if I'm coming home from the gym or otherwise need the protein, I'll occasionally get a Wendy's berry almond chicken salad or an ultimate chicken grill sandwich, both with an extra chicken fillet. I also like to do Chipotle's salads with just pinto beans, double chicken and pico de gallo (sometimes guac, too.)
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    if i have no time and am starving:

tuna wrap with peppers, tomatoes and borlotti beans (or whatever useful in my fridge for additional toppings)

or

tuna salad - tuna on lettuce with tomatoes, peppers, borlottis and probably a hard boiled egg with a dressing of olive oil and balsamic vinegar
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Sushi (I live across a grocery store that makes freh sushi, it's not that bad actually)
    Cereal
    Oatmeal
    Microwave dinner
  • MidlifeGlowUp
    MidlifeGlowUp Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I go with brown rice, chopped tomato, chopped avocado and black beans. It sounds bland, but the flavors combine unexpectedly well.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I heat up a Tyson Gluten Free chicken strip (it's about the size of a 1/2 chicken breast) in the toaster oven, while that's heating up I have a bowl of 7 Super foods salad mix (without the dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds and I use my own dressing), when the timer dings, I heat up a single serve cup of brown rice, cut up the chicken on a plate, dump the rice on it, mix in a table spoon of duck sauce and have what I call my chinese food (I'm allergic to soy, peanuts, and shellfish so I can't eat chinese food any more because my allergy to shellfish became a contact allergy so if they cook in the same pan or use the same spatula or spoon that was used to cook shrimp, I'll have a reaction)
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    These things are friggin' unbelievable:

http://www.grok.it/en/flavours/gusto-deciso/

Parmesan cheese nuggets???? Sweet baby Cheebus, that's my snack nirvana!

For me quick cooking is roasting some broccoli and throwing some meat on the George Foreman - I generally tend to faff with my food so that's pared down for me
  • mmstone13
    mmstone13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Shrimp Cocktail!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I batch cook large amounts of chili, soups and stew ....... then portion it all out & freeze it ....... just for times when I don't feel like "cooking" ....... otherwise it's soup & sandwich ...... or chopped-veggie salad with lean protein added :drinker:
  • princesspea234
    princesspea234 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Salad
    (I usually pre-chop my veggies and fix the eggs... 325 on the rack of the oven for 30 minutes...makes perfect "hard-boiled" eggs)

Ingredients:

1/2 cup canned no sodium beans...Usually black beans
    1 egg
    kale or spinach
    orange bell pepper
    green onion
    jalapeno
    1/4 cup feta cheese
    cucumber
    1 TBSP Annie's red bell pepper dressing or 1/2 TBSP EVOO and 1TBSP White Wine Vinegar
    salt and pepper

Sometimes I add in avocado if I had an extra hard workout. Super satisfying salad!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Rice, scrambled eggs, and a slice or 2 of torn up deli ham. It technically is still cooking, but I usually eat rice every night so there's always some left over. And if I make the egg in the microwave, it takes less than a minute.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Frozen turkey burger, deli flat, and a salad. I eat it way too often. (I hate cooking.)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    A bowl of cereal
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwich with brown sugar sprinkled over the PB.
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    depending on how much i cant be arsed

wheat crackers
    oatmeal crackers
    cereal/oats
    mackerel with pre cooked barley and munch on some cucumber
    scrambled egg with some cheese + cucumber