Westin Hotels Exercise Clothes

I have a weekend trip planned to a Westin Hotel, and noticed that they have an exercise clothes rental service. For $5 you can borrow a pair of NB running shoes and exercise apparel. Has anyone used this? I'm thinking about doing it so I don't have to fly home with stinky clothes. One note on the suitability of this for me, I don't run, so if the shoes are not as cushioned as I like, it wouldn't kill my feet.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    I've been in a Westin and saw the info about this. At the time I didn't use it but I wouldn't have a problem trying it out. To me it's like using bowling shoes from the bowling alley.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    I remember when they came out with this program and thought it was a pretty good idea if you planned on working out in their gym, even though I'm one of the lucky people who wear a neutral shoe I'd be hesitant to do anything other than a very short run in random shoes stocked by the hotel.

Stinky workout clothes are one of the reasons that I tend to look for AirBnB places that have a washer & dryer if I'm staying somewhere more than a night or two.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,989 Member
    I was at a Westin recently for a conference. I didn't use this service, but some of my co-workers did. They said it was great, the gear was very clean, not stinky, and like new.

Me, personally, I get a bit of an "ick" reaction to it, but that's just me.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    It's a Westin, not Motel 6, so maybe... I'd still rather bring my own stuff and use the hotel laundry if it's that much of an issue. Shoes particularly can really vary based on fit.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    This gives me an instinctive "ick" response, but it's a good option for people who are okay with it. I'm usually find with letting my exercise clothes dry out and then packing them in a plastic bag before putting them back in my suitcase. If it's an extended trip, I'm probably already going to be doing some laundry during it.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    I got shoes once when I forgot mine (I stay frequently at a Westin for work trips). The idea grossed me out but the ones they delivered looked and smelled brand-new so I went with it and they were fine for 45 minutes running on a treadmill. I didn't need clothing but I assume it would also arrive super clean like the shoes.

I wear a much less padded shoe normally though, so I have never used it again even though it'd be convenient not to have to bring running shoes and dress shoes in my carry-on every time I travel.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    I don't really get the ick factor. I mean, we use the hotel's towels and washcloths, which likely have already been scrubbed/rubbed all over other people's naked bodies plenty. Those are washed between guests and the athletic clothes/shoes have been washed/sanitized too. Plus with the shoes you're wearing socks.

In my case there is nothing rational about it, I'm just really weird and uptight about feet. I have to have a beer before I'll consider renting bowling shoes, for example.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    I don't really get the ick factor. I mean, we use the hotel's towels and washcloths, which likely have already been scrubbed/rubbed all over other people's naked bodies plenty. Those are washed between guests and the athletic clothes/shoes have been washed/sanitized too. Plus with the shoes you're wearing socks.

In my case there is nothing rational about it, I'm just really weird and uptight about feet. I have to have a beer before I'll consider renting bowling shoes, for example.

Ha, I see. :smile:
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    I would have no problem wearing the clothes but I like the way my shoes feel and fit. I would hate to get a blister because the shoes didn't feel quite right.

Let us know what you decide.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Do they also rent out yoga mats? Because that's a heavier and bulkier item for a suitcase then a pair of shoes.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member

Bowling shoes don't bug me because I'm wearing socks.
    I doubt I would run in borrowed shoes as I know I'm prone to shin splints if I don't have my stability shoes.
    Wearing a borrowed shirt and shorts just makes me go ick. I get that it doesn't make sense, but that isn't going to change my mind.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    you could bring clothes you hate and throw them away, ditto for shoes that are on their way out.

you could also bring clothes, let them air out after you train, and bring them home semi-stinky.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    I can lay odds they don't have a 32/33 (us 3.5-ish, uk 2- ish) running shoe so I would have to workout in clown shoes.

The clothes wouldn't bother me at all.

Truth be told, I've never worked out in any hotel gym (even when I've taken the gear). Used the pool and propped up the bar, yes.

Be our guinea pig and report back @littlebear0121.

Cheers, h.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    I'm not the type to work out in a hotel gym, but I think that's a really nice idea if the clothes are already there in your room, or there is a changing room by the gym with the clothes there for you to use. I don't see it as any different than using a hotels towels, wash cloths, etc. it would be nice to know ahead of time too especially if you were staying a week and working out everyday to not have to pack all those clothes!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    I would never wear a loaner pair of shoes because the chances of them fitting properly are very slim. My gym clothes don't take up much room and I have other dirty clothes to take home, it's not an issue. Just let them air dry first, duh. Hotel clothing might be an option if you forgot yours and really need to work out while you're there.