Sources for good calories ? Leaky gut diet

Options
2»

Replies

• NQHS1981
    NQHS1981 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    LKArgh wrote: »
    I'm posting this for my husband - We are recently starting him on a new diet plan on a quest to heal his leaky gut & autoimmune diseases. This puts him on a very restricted diet - NO dairy, grain, nuts, seeds, fruits, potatoes/sweet potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, okra, peppers, broccoli, legumes, or eggs. What he CAN eat are veggies (except those previously listed) and meats, however, he has somewhat of an intolerance to beef and will not eat pork. Hopefully he will just be on this diet for 30 to 90 days to give his gut a chance to heal and then start re-introducing foods one by one.

The problem is where can he get his calories from ? I am a bit worried about him in this department - he is 6' 1" and only 145lb - he can't really afford to loose any weight. We are using coconut and olive oils, as well as fish, chicken, and avocado pretty much daily (in addition to as much veggies he can eat) and its still a struggle to hit a minimum 2000 calorie mark for him. He also feels hungry but I'm thinking part of that is due to diet change - he's Indian and normally has rice at every meal . . .

Suggestions, tips, food ideas ? All welcome :)

The dr who diagnosed him should give him a specific plan, no just a list of restrictions. If this not something the dr ordered but just a random list of restrictions from the internet, I would suggest he google different sites, so he can find less restricting random lists of foods. Sorry for being snarky, but I cannot really think a dr has told him to not eat dairy but eat beef, especially if his intolerant to it.

The doctor who diagnosed me only pushes steroids and other heavy duty meds. He does not believe in diet or leaky gut. Even a functional medicine doctor told me it's not diet related. I'm unconvinced.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    4jiqi0jtxaln.jpg