Slim Fast?

Options
2»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    Twenty pounds by January is very feasible, instead of buying SlimFast, invest in an inexpensive food scale, measure and log the calories you consume.
    Did you enter your information into MFP so that it can tell you how many calories to eat each day?

This^

Figure out what real portions look like. That way you lose weight AND are able to keep it off. Slim Fast has a lot of repeat customers.

Also, the fiber additive to Slim Fast doesn't sit well with everyone (cramping/gas). I tried Slim Fast years ago and
    was hungry often.
  • Jdacruz5588
    Jdacruz5588 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I did slimfast for about a year maybe less and was able to lose over 30lbs. Alternating the shakes, bars, and sensible meals and snacks. I find it convenient and mostly everything tastes pretty good. lets face it a cappuccino flavored slimfast shake isn't going to taste like a Starbucks frappaccino but definitely doable. Its helpful for those on the go with little time to prep. The advanced nutrition has much more protein and fewer carbs. The powder version calls for skim milk but I opt for almond milk less sugar and calories.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    It's calories in and calories out.

If you are trying to feel fuller without a lot of additional calories you can make a chocolate frostie using ice, cocoa powder, your choice of milk, erythritol, and, a smidge of konjac root (also called glucomannan). It also makes a nice smoothie without the ice. Add a good quality multi vitamin / mineral and you essentially have Slimfast without the crap. The erythritol, and, the konjac root are a little spendy upfront - but both last a long time.

Another thing to consider is that you have 16 weeks to lose 20 lbs and that is really doable.

Without starving, and, by working with your maintenance calories for your goal weight you are more likely to feel fuller, adapt healthier eating habits and not throw your thyroid or serotonin levels out of wack.

Try to eat at least 50 grams of naturally occurring sugar and 100 grams of carbs every day - that should help keep your mood even.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    It's calories in and calories out.

If you are trying to feel fuller without a lot of additional calories you can make a chocolate frostie using ice, cocoa powder, your choice of milk, erythritol, and, a smidge of konjac root (also called glucomannan). It also makes a nice smoothie without the ice. Add a good quality multi vitamin / mineral and you essentially have Slimfast without the crap. The erythritol, and, the konjac root are a little spendy upfront - but both last a long time.

Another thing to consider is that you have 16 weeks to lose 20 lbs and that is really doable.

Without starving, and, by working with your maintenance calories for your goal weight you are more likely to feel fuller, adapt healthier eating habits and not throw your thyroid or serotonin levels out of wack.

Try to eat at least 50 grams of naturally occurring sugar and 100 grams of carbs every day - that should help keep your mood even.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

huh????
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Stick to protein shakes if you can. We ir as something to stick to for the rest of your life and if you can handle it. If the answer is no, then don't waste your money. Good luck chick.

I am not a shake promoter but meal replacement shakes usually have a lot more nutrients than protein shakes so if you are going to drink shakes instead of meals MR ones are better
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    hroderick wrote: »
    I tried it at one of my attempts and discovered it was great with cookies, but the weight loss didn't work out.

That gave me a big grin. <3