Fighting with eating my depression away

Options
Hi
I am 24 years old, I'm from Colombia, since February I've been in Germany as AuPair (nanny), I thought I was emotionally strong enough to hanlde everything, but it's been really hard for me, I am 5kg over my healthy weight and I've been trying to lose it, but everytime I fall in this dark place of depression I just stop exercising and start eating and drinking alcohol to make the pain go away.
It's been difficult trying to meet people and make friends, in this moment almost 7 months since I've been here I just have 1 friend and she lives really far from here.

The fact that the family that I live with almost only eat procesed food like salami and sausages has been difficult as well to follow a diet.

I am trying to keep my *kitten* together and I'm starting again to eat healthy and to make exercise at least 3 times per week.

I am looking for people to be my friends here and so I'll have motivation to keep going.

Replies

• andtcab
    andtcab Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I can definitely relate to so much that you shared and am also looking for someone to keep me accountable and motivated. Making a move, especially to another country with another language, is a huge change. Be gracious with yourself and proud that you took such a big leap. It takes time to settle in somewhere and find support and a healthy routine. You're on the right track already by acknowledging that it's been hard. I sent you a message too, so feel free to message me whenever and count me as a friend (: