HI there, new here...

JessicaLDoran
JessicaLDoran Posts: 2
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Just a quick question...

I just signed up....

I know fitness pal gives you the information for how many calories, carbs, and fats you are supposed to have daily..... but which one is the PRIMARY one you're supposed to focus on??

Replies

• Just a quick question...

I just signed up....

I know fitness pal gives you the information for how many calories, carbs, and fats you are supposed to have daily..... but which one is the PRIMARY one you're supposed to focus on??
  • JJAE53
    JJAE53 Posts: 97 Member
    Welcome! Glad to have you!
    Personally, I focus on calories, but I watch eveything else as well. It would seem to me that balance in what you're eating is important, and I wouldn't go overboard in any area.
    Hope that helps.
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Welcome, you will find all the info that you will need and support too!
    I focus more on calories, but what everything else, especially carbs and fat. Good Luck!!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou: I focus more on calories and carbs . I hardly eat anything with fat so that part is usually okay. The sodium is hard to keep control of so I try to cook my own soups , but you just cant avoid opening a can of something now and then.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Hi!! I watch Calories and fat mostly, but I keep my settings on protein and fiber, too. It probably depends on each individual. Diabetics probably watch carbs, some women watch calcium, etc.

Without other health concerns I think it comes down to calories in < calories out to lose weight!

I hope you find what you're looking for here - I know I did!
This discussion has been closed.