Are these macros decent for weight loss?

Options
I train kickboxing 2 days per week, do 4 HIIT and 2 weight training sessions per week

My calorie goal- 1450cals
Carbs - 109grams
Protein- 127grams
Fat- 56grams

Are these too low or high?

I’m 18, female, height 5.3ft and weigh 59kg and would like to be 55kg.

Will I achieve results with this?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    They're fine.

Your weight loss will depend on your calories. With so little to lose, you should be expecting to lose around 0.5lbs per week. If you got your calorie goal from MFP, you should also be logging your workouts and eating back some of those calories.

Your fitness will depend on your workouts.

Your protein is probably a little higher than it needs to be, but there's nothing wrong with it and if you prefer eating that way that's great. Macros will only affect your results as they affect your ability to eat the right calories and have energy for your workouts, and different people do better with different macros.
  • SparklesFer097
    SparklesFer097 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    They're fine.

Your weight loss will depend on your calories. With so little to lose, you should be expecting to lose around 0.5lbs per week. If you got your calorie goal from MFP, you should also be logging your workouts and eating back some of those calories.

Your protein is probably a little higher than it needs to be, but there's nothing wrong with it and if you prefer eating that way that's great. Macros will only affect your results as they affect your ability to eat the right calories and have energy for your workouts, and different people do better with different macros.

Thanks a lot for your reply! It really helped me out. I’m also on a 500 calorie deficit. Is that too high?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's a lot of protein, but if youre happy with that much then its fine
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    They're fine.

Thanks a lot for your reply! It really helped me out. I’m also on a 500 calorie deficit. Is that too high?

Possibly. That would be a lb a week. You can try it, and if you are hungry a lot or your workouts are suffering, knock it back to a 250 cal deficit. I was too hungry at 1400 cals, but I'm a little taller and heavier than you. Play around with it until you find where you have the easiest combination of comfort and progress. :drinker:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    They're fine.

You dont need such a massive deficit given you only have a little to lose.