Is it ok to eat a chocolate or 2 while trying to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have a 95 cal small chocolate frog most days. Lost and losing. Enjoy your little treats!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    All foods in moderation.
    I have a Dove dark chocolate caramel with sea salt Promise every day (38 calories per piece) for staying with in my calories for the day.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    of course! I like to aim for 80/20 - that's 80% great nutrition, 20% whatever the heck I fancy :smile: lost the weight I needed to and 5 years on have still kept it off.
  • MHarper522
    MHarper522 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yes. Eat the chocolate & log it. If you restrict too much and don't treat yourself within your calorie allowance, the chances you'll give up/struggle are much higher.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I eat a little chocolate as well- I eat a individual bag of chips every night-140-160 cal.
  • bustercrabby
    bustercrabby Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Pffffft. Totally had two Oh Henry bars last night...

:D My favorite response!

• bustercrabby
    bustercrabby Posts: 66 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Is it ok to do this as long as it fits in your calorie goal? Maybe the carb and fat macros will go up than usual. Will this have any problems on my progress? I know weight loss is about calories in vs out but I just wanna know to double check. Usually when I eat a chocolate and few other sweet things my carbs go up by 30grams and fat by like 10grams but protein is under the goal. End of the day I’m under my calorie goal. Should I avoid sweets completely while trying to lose weight or should I keep doing what I’m doing right now?

I agree with other posters on moderation. But since you did not list the amount nor type, it's hard to accurately respond. If the sweets you are eating add up to 30g of carbs, then there must either be a huge amount of sugar or you're eating more than just "a chocolate". For me, 30g is a full days supply of carbs.

I will say however, that eating the darkest chocolate is much more beneficial than eating milk chocolate. I have a square of Lindt 85% chocolate every now and again. Very high in cocao and very low in sugar. The 90% stuff is like eating a wood chip.