Eating same everyday

Options
2»

Replies

• TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I couldn't work out why I wasn't really losing weight, then realised I wasn't logging the milk in my cups of tea. I was consuming 100 -200 calories a day extra in milk alone. (I drink A LOT of tea).

I switched to a trim milk and made sure I measured accurately. My workmates think I'm a tad crazy but as soon as I did that, it made a difference.

I don't have much to lose, I wanted to lose 8kg and I have 7kg to go. Losing 200grams a week currently (which is what my weight loss is set to).
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    mgoldin50 wrote: »
    Yes. Now I know. Setting scale to 0

This is a fantastic little button. I use it all the time. Let's say you are making a multi ingredient meal. I'll use a salad as an example, just because it's easy. Place the plate on the scale, and tare. Add the lettuce, write down the number, and tare, add the next ingredient (egg maybe), write the number, and tare. Add the tomato, write the number, and tare. Add the cheese, write the number, and tare. Add the dressing, write the number, and tare. A single plate dirtied, and you would have been using that one anyway. No measuring cups to clean.

For things like peanut butter, I place the jar on the scale and tare (or turn it on, if it's the first thing I'm weighing), take out the amount I'm going to use, and the negative number is the amount used. I then lick the spoon/knife.

This is exactly what I do.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Ok. Weigh liquids too? And fruits?

Yes - everything, like others have said. Fruit can have a lot of calories! Grapes and pineapple were disappointing ones for me, but strawberries are low calorie and I love them, so that was a happy discovery! Programs like Weight Watchers that have "free" fruits and vegetables have contributed to many people thinking you don't need to count that sort of thing when calculating calories instead of points, but it's important.

Just because something is seen as "healthy", that doesn't necessarily mean it's low calorie or that you can eat it in abandon. Vegans and so-called "clean eaters" can get fat just as easily as the rest of us, so log it all - including drinks, dressings, oils used in cooking, etc.

That video is a great one - I hope you watched it! :)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,008 Member
    Options
    No. What is that?

If you want to ask about a specific post, it's best to hit the "quote" button under that post before typing your reply. Otherwise, the rest of us have to guess what you're referring to ("that" could be anything).

Ok. Thanks for information on that.

You're welcome. And "yay" for excellent use of quote button. :smile:
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice on weighing items for salad. I struggle with this, and yours is a much easier method.
  • Inspiration15
    Inspiration15 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The scale is the most accurate way to measure food. Spoons and cups vary. There are may youtube videos showing this. A guy measured 1/2 cup of dry oatmeal (should be 40g) measured 53g with one (so an extra 13g, which is over 1/4 a serving) and 30 something grams with another (so a short serving!).

Found it!

https://youtu.be/XpHykP6e_Uk

Great video. Thanks.