Hi pals, what are key things that helped you in the first couple months?

Options
I’ve started and stopped so many times. What helped you stay motivated at the beginning since breaking old habits is hard? Even if it’s small or seems silly, I’d love to hear from everyone.

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I read the forums, a lot. It kept my mind here and focused on what I needed to do. Learning patience and accepting it will be slower than I want, and learning to unlearn all the dieting myths about what they say you 'have to do' to lose weight.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    I have been making changes in steps. Once I have one new set of practices settled in, after about a month, I look at add to what I am doing to get healthier.
    Getting support has been key -- looking for some supportive folks here, and getting the people in my life on board with being helpful.
    And when I miss a workout or make a not-so-great food choice -- log what's so, and keep going!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Options
    I set myself small goals of 0.5lb per week so my initial deficit was small, I seemed to be eating loads but starting to lose.
    I went for easy changes too so swapped fizzy drinks for water and I started walking to work once or twice a week.
    I also keep reminding myself that it took me many years to get this heavy so it will take a few to get it off again.