anyone here with Rhematoid or oseto arthritis?

Options
124»

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    My flares seem unconnected with the weather and just ... happen.

I have osteo and PsA.

I don't seem to tolerate extremes on either end of the spectrum, temperature-wise.

It's confusing to me and docs. Flares seem consistent with osteo (weather effect and it's rarely the red puffy inflammation) except for being systemic and symmetric, which are signs of something rheumatic. Blood work is inconclusive; spikes within normal range like sed rate going from 8 to 18. But high normal is still normal. I have some full time osteo without the flares but it isn't as bad. The bursitis is bones bumping without much between them which doesn't feel great but usually doesn't get badly inflamed. The herniated discs, DDD and stenosis are painful sometimes but are not debilitating. If I can dodge the flares, everything is stuff I can deal with.

Yeah, during my flares I rarely get the red puffy inflammation too. I get that occular nerve inflammation thing I mentioned in another thread (scary!), crushing fatigue, brain fog, and more overall pain.

I have rarely had a normal presentation of an illness. The lead up to my migraines were almost like seizures at their worst before they were treated, for example.