Sticking to plan and scale not moving

Options
I tracked all week and weekend. First time in a while. I don't know why weekends are so hard. I'm proud of myself for sticking to it and doing a little cardio and strength training. I hope I can keep up this momentum. For me it is all about mindset. What is even more frustrating is that I weighed myself and I'm not down anything from last week. I am trying not to get discouraged.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Your weight fluctuates. You need a consistent calorie deficit and time to see fat loss. You might be retaining water from new exercise. What are you doing, to make you say you hope you can keep it up?
  • SephiraAllen
    SephiraAllen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is weird. I've gone as much as 3 or 4 weeks with little to no movement on the scale (even when sticking to my goals) and then whoosh it all falls off at once. If you just started working out again, you'll likely be retaining some water weight which can hide any actual loss you have. Even normal weight fluctuations can hide progress.

So if it's only been a week I wouldn't worry too much about it. Keep at it and track everything, then after a month or so, if you still aren't seeing any progress, reevaluate what you are doing. Make sure you are tracking everything correctly and adjust as needed until you start seeing results.
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Time is a funny thing...

A week seem like an incredibly long time to faithfully stick to a diet plan (especially when you're just starting out), but a week can also turn out to be a very short time with regard to seeing results from that same diet plan (especially when you're just starting out ;) ).

If you stick with it, I promise you that it will work. If you give up, I guarantee you that it won't work.