I Blew It

Options
TheRoadDog
TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
Been planning a trip for October. 2 Weeks vacation. Rented a beautiful home in Palm Springs for one week, then driving back through Napa Valley to Portland. Wanted to surprise my wife with a Wine Tasting Tour in Santa Barbara. Booked a room for 3 days and then booked a Limo Wine Tasting Tour. Was feeling pretty good about surprising her. Got up Friday Morning and there was a note in my lunch bag. "Mike, Please call Sam at Brisas Del Mar at XXX-XXX-XXXX. He left a message and wants to confirm details of Limo Wine Tour on 10/08. I love you, Jan." Blew that surprise.

I confirmed it, though, and then went back on line and found another Hotel we will be staying at later and booked a Couples Massage. And told them DO NOT LEAVE ME A MESSAGE AT MY HOME PHONE.

Replies

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Could you have a chat with my husband? ;)
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    people still have home phones?
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

I do just because it was part of the deal I got with the ISP. Getting rid of it is more expensive than keeping it.........I don't have a phone plugged in though.
  • TheRoadDog
    Options

Yep. Keeping it until we move next year, because our Home Security system is routed through it. Got a cell phone too, but haven't turned it on in over a month.

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Could be worse. You could have been the guy who had to call my coworker telling her the 2 week vacation she booked a year ago to the Danube is cancelled because the river is too low. Many tears were shed.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

All guard gated communities in CA requires that the home has a landline.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Absolutely delightful read @TheRoadDog ... Gotta love her reaction to your surprise.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    You are an awesome husband!
  • TheRoadDog
    Options
    Booked the Massage.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    You will still get massive brownie points even though it's not a surprise!