HELP!! I'm Not losing ANY Weight! (A detailed explanation why & what to do about it)

Options
I came across a really good, and detailed article that I thought could help out a bunch of people on here. I checked to see if this was posted elsewhere in the forums, and did not see it. So, sorry if this is already posted somewhere else! I know the subject comes up a lot, and many of us on MFP are quick to help out. But, sometimes it's helpful to see it laid out in an article, with list form and bullet points.

Are you having trouble losing? Maybe you think you're doing everything right, and yet no results? This is an excellent troubleshooting article to help you pinpoint why this could be. It covers in detail the most common reasons why you may not be losing. And then tells you what to do about them! There is no crazy magic schemes, or conflicting information here. It's all very factual and straightforward. So, for your reading pleasure.

Why Am I not Losing Weight?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Good article. Bumping to help others find it
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Bump--this should be on the FAQ; very comprehensive!
  • sassysisterjd
    sassysisterjd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Love this.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Excellent article!!!
  • Crafty_camper123
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Since it is apparently Necro thread Wednesday... ;) This will be coming up in the weeks ahead. Prepare yourself for possible weight loss stalls, and read this article! It diagnoses many common problems for why we may not see the scale moving.

EDIT: It's Wed. Not Tues.... :tongue:
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Wish I'd seen this sooner... will be linking to a lot of threads, I suspect :)
  • try2again
    Options
    Bump.
  • past0034
    past0034 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I needed this today so thanks.
  • past0034
    past0034 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how to share a link to this to someone not on MFP?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    past0034 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to share a link to this to someone not on MFP?

Send them the link:

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
  • try2again
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I fear what I love about this article- that it's hugely comprehensive- will prevent many from considering it. There are, in fact, 36 individual points discussed as to why a person may not lose weight, as well as lengthy discussions of plateaus and starvation mode (though it's very well organized and easy on the eyes). But it's awesome! :)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    For anyone reading the article, make sure you read the explanations and not just the bullet points. The one about replacing fat with muscle is especially important to read the entire thing. They do a good job explaining WHY it is an uncommon reason.
  • try2again
    Options
    Bump.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    I fear what I love about this article- that it's hugely comprehensive- will prevent many from considering it. There are, in fact, 36 individual points discussed as to why a person may not lose weight, as well as lengthy discussions of plateaus and starvation mode (though it's very well organized and easy on the eyes). But it's awesome! :)

It is a bit of a long read. But it is put in easy to understand terms. :blush:
  • try2again
    Options
    try2again wrote: »

It is a bit of a long read. But it is put in easy to understand terms. :blush:

Agree :)
  • try2again
    Options
    ^^^
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options
    giphy.gif