Almost There!

Been on this journey, it feels like my whole life, but seriously getting the help I need since mid last year to now.

I was diagnosed with an eating disorder in Jan. of 2018. According to the DSM4 and my licensed therapist, I was diagnosed with OSFED (otherwise specified feeding or eating disorder). I had been heavy my whole life and always felt like I was living in a fat suit, not showing on the outside the person I knew I was on the inside. After my diagnosis everything finally clicked.

I wasn't lazy, I wasn't weak, my failures weren't because I "didn't want it enough". So with my doctor and my therapist watching closely I have lost quite a bit of weight, improved my life and life style!!! I am no longer pre-diabetic, my cholesterol has fallen to a safe level......I am finally living the life I always wanted to. I just wanted to share some brief stats and pictures too!

Height: 5ft. 4 inches
Starting weight: 216
Current weight: 157
Current loss in #: 59-60
Current Goal: 145 (as set by myself, my doctor, and my therapist)

I am about two months away from my target goal weight if I keep losing consistenly. We, meaning my care team, have also discussed the possibility that 145 may not be my ultimate goal either. However, we are working together to make sure I do things the right/safe/healthy way. Keep at it my friends!

I know at times the grind and sweat and the hurt and the struggle all seem insurmountable but I believe in you! You can do anything you put your mind to!

ltp76qekz6cx.jpg

darjtlct9enb.jpg

iahct2z8jxgk.jpg

ajmwdqzl4tjd.jpg

Replies

• JudyCoventry4
    JudyCoventry4 Posts: 10 Member
    Your doing fantastic! Keep up the good work!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Congrats!!! You've done so well! Good luck on the last leg of your journey! I know you'll get there!
  • iotterbeinbed
    iotterbeinbed Posts: 76 Member
    May I add you as a friend? You are truly inspiring.
  • JorrunFulhelm
    JorrunFulhelm Posts: 42 Member
    Hi iotterbeinbed! Thanks for your message and your friend request. I am still not in recovery, still working on getting better every single day...just in case anyone got the impression that I have "beaten" my eating disorder. It isn't something you "beat" and then it is over, just like being a recovering alcoholic or drug abuser, you are never "cured" you just keep going one day at a time. There are TONS of days when my eating disorder wins, rears its ugly head, and kicks me down-makes me feel like I used to feel. and there are other problems that have come up as well, I am glad my story is inspiring to people and I am totally here to talk if anyone would like, just thought I should put that out there!
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    nice job, keep going til you get to where you want to be!
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited August 2018
    Great work keep it up
  • missbutton82
    missbutton82 Posts: 119 Member
    Congratulations, it helps me feel like maybe I’m not a loss cause after all.
  • sexybug6
    sexybug6 Posts: 156 Member
    Congratulations youve done amazing work and its paid off looking good
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    great story, great result, congratulations
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Well done! :)
  • Cashmachine88
    Cashmachine88 Posts: 5 Member
    You’re doing great! Keep up the good work! 👍🏽
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,281 Member
    Great work! Wow. Take it one day at a time. Your determination to a better you is paying off :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!