New Six Week Plan

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Nancy and I'm very grateful to be here! I started on MFP about a month ago, but my journey began on July 3rd. At my highest weight of 265 pounds. I was diagnosed with diabetes. I went to my Dr. on July 10th and I found out I had low thyroid, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure. I took myself off of all sugar and refined carbohydrates. I'm controlling my diabetes with diet and exercise under a Dr's care. The rest is controlled with medications right now. I joined the YMCA with my hubby, son and granddaughter. I really love working out in the classes. I go to the YMCA 5 to 6 days a week. I work out one to two hours. I've just started walking around my neighborhood and step counting. I've lost 17 pounds on MFP so far logging all my food and exercise. I weighed in today at 245. My goal weight is 145. I'm not worried about how long it takes me because I'm eating healthy and enjoying exercising. I was a bonafide couch potato before and couldn't even stand up to cook a meal or walk around the block. I wish everyone much success and I'm here to support you all in your journeys!