Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HRM???? Post recommendations!!

Ordering HRM within the next week!! Whats the best recommendations my friends??

Replies

• Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    I love my Polar FT4 - it's pretty basic, but easy to use.
  • polar ft4 or ft7 i find it sooo accurate and love mine. You do have to wear a band, and make sure you disconnect the band from the monitor piece or you will kill your battery with in a few weeks. I learned this the hard way haha.
  • leslieschoenle
    leslieschoenle Posts: 47 Member
    I also have the Polar FT4 and I LOVE IT! The only thing that I would've liked it to have is GPS to tell me my distance. I carry my phone on me when I run though (to listen to music) so I downloaded RunKeeper to keep track of distance for me! Hope that helps!
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Another vote for Polar:drinker:
  • leslieschoenle
    leslieschoenle Posts: 47 Member
    I have also heard to keep the watch itself and the band farther away from each other (not stored in the same drawer, box, etc...) to save the battery! Don't know if that's true or not, I have had mine for a couple months now and the battery is still kicking! :)
  • irisherin82
    irisherin82 Posts: 66 Member
    I have the Polar FT40 and love it! I had the Polar FT7 and upgraded about two months ago. Either are awesome and would highly recommend either!
  • IZackV13
    IZackV13 Posts: 157 Member
    I have the Timex Personal Trainer HRM. Won't break the bank and has worked great for me for 2 years.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    I have a Zephyr HxM, if you have an Android phone I highly recommend it. My only beef with it (and the same beef will be had with just about any recommendation on this thread) is you have to use your phone with it. This is all well and good when its a nice day out, but if its raining outside, or you fall off your bike, or the arm strap comes loose, you likely will be having a bad day.

I recently picked up the new TomTom Multisport GPS watch. I am moving from just running to training for a triathlon so I wanted something that could work with biking and swimming in addition to running. The jury is still out on it, there are some rough edges and its definitely a 1.0 product, but it has potential and it works well enough for now. The good news is its completely water proof so no more worrying about rain!
  • Swehl
    Swehl Posts: 138 Member
    I am looking for a HRM as well. Do the Polar HRMs let you input all of your stats (weight, height, gender, etc) for an accurate calorie estimate? My husband just gave me a Timex, but it doesn't let you input any stats other than weight and seems to be very inaccurate.
  • IZackV13
    IZackV13 Posts: 157 Member
    I am looking for a HRM as well. Do the Polar HRMs let you input all of your stats (weight, height, gender, etc) for an accurate calorie estimate? My husband just gave me a Timex, but it doesn't let you input any stats other than weight and seems to be very inaccurate.

Hmmm, my Timex is spot on and allows me to input age, weight, resting HR, etc.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member

Calorie burn estimation is not going to be accurate without being able to specify this information, but you can at least use the HRM to do zone training.
  • cyndilie
    cyndilie Posts: 52
    Polar FT7, and yes you are able to put in your stats (weight, age, gender, heighth, etc.). I think its a great tool to have and was very surprised to see how far off the MFP activity calorie burns are compared to my HRM results. I was burning a lot less calories than the charts on MFP suggested. I'm glad I wasn't eating back all my calories at the time.
  • Polar FT4!
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    I have a polar f11... This question has been asked before and the trend always seems to be most people have polar.
  • Swehl
    Swehl Posts: 138 Member
    Polar FT7, and yes you are able to put in your stats (weight, age, gender, heighth, etc.). I think its a great tool to have and was very surprised to see how far off the MFP activity calorie burns are compared to my HRM results. I was burning a lot less calories than the charts on MFP suggested. I'm glad I wasn't eating back all my calories at the time.

Okay great. Thank you!! That's what I'm afraid of seeing -- recording more calories than I'm actually burning.
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Another vote for Polar. Mines an FT4 - height/weight etc are entered when you set it up.
    I absolutely love it!
  • GregJourney
    GregJourney Posts: 80 Member
    Another vote for Polar FT4
  • MzzNkki
    MzzNkki Posts: 57
    Awesome !! I appriciate all the replys!
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    i used to be a big fan of my polar, but now it is fickle with monitoring my HR. even with a new band and cleaning it i will sometimes get half way through a workout and ntice it hasnt been monitoring my HR for awhile. it will be at 00. i am in the market for something better that doesn't go around your waist/chest. might get the fuel band by nike
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    well all the answer are missing one point, what do you want to use your HRM for?
    indoor workouts: polar
    running timex or garmin or suunto
    biking garmin or suunto
    triathlon garmin

all brands have various features, garmin is good with their multiple sensors and when it comes to biking there is no competition to their edge series
    running is well covered by the three most common brands
    polar stands out when it comes to workouts as being the best one (hence why it is recommanded a lot here)