New and looking to make friends

Options
Hi I’ve just joined and I’m looking for friends for mutual support and motivation.
I’m a 42 yr old mum of 4, I work full time in a school so have little time for myself.
I lost a couple of stone years ago using MFP but stopped using and piled it all back on and more. Have tried WW and SW without much success in the past. I’m getting older and it’s getting harder to lose it so I really have to do it now!
I’ve got about 3 stone to lose but will be happy to just get to a clothes size I’m comfortable with, look good in my bikini again and feel better about myself again.
So if you need a friend please add me 😊

Replies

• mytinynewbody
    mytinynewbody Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just joined today, well, for maybe the 100th time. I get frustrated with diets and giving up too quickly because I want to eat something ‘delicious’ which is full of sugar and carbs. But I’m trying Keto this time around. I’ve had several people close to me that have had so much success with it in regards to losing weight and just feeling so much better in general. I currently weigh 168 pounds and I’d like to get down to 140 then ultimately 120 or whatever weight puts me back into a size 6. I just turned 40 August 6th so I want a major change in my life. I’m 4’11” by the way, so a size 6 looks good on me. But I don’t want to be a scrawny size 6. I want to build some muscle tone. I want to fit into a 2 piece bikini, short little dresses and skirts and shorts. I remember when I was a size 6, everything looked good on me. I didn’t feel like crap when looking in a mirror at a department store when trying clothes that I thought would fit me just by eyeballing it in the rack, then it being to tight when trying it on. I want to feel light on my feet and energetic again. It’s not impossible at age 40. I can do it. I just need to keep my focus on a goal. In fact, my husband and I are going on a cruise in early February. Probably still too cold for a swimsuit, unless we hang out in the bubbly hot tub. But I would feel good regardless.
  • mytinynewbody
    mytinynewbody Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I work a job where I go in at 6:30 in the morning and normally get off no later than 3pm, but a lot of times much early. So I have plenty of time to exercise. But prior to that job, I used to work 8:30 to 5:30. I did that for 5 years. I know how hard it is to do ANYTHING in the evenings when getting home. But I know you will find your way of getting it in.
  • PHOTOCHAP
    PHOTOCHAP Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    NCA1975 wrote: »
    Hi I’ve just joined and I’m looking for friends for mutual support and motivation.
    I’m a 42 yr old mum of 4, I work full time in a school so have little time for myself.
    I lost a couple of stone years ago using MFP but stopped using and piled it all back on and more. Have tried WW and SW without much success in the past. I’m getting older and it’s getting harder to lose it so I really have to do it now!
    I’ve got about 3 stone to lose but will be happy to just get to a clothes size I’m comfortable with, look good in my bikini again and feel better about myself again.
    So if you need a friend please add me 😊

Hi. Welcome. Plenty of advice here and lots of friendly nudges from everyone too. Get stuck in!
  • davehodder99
    davehodder99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there feel free to add ive learned loads of good dieting tips over the years
  • rhysleppard
    rhysleppard Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me