Low/no calorie electrolyte powder without stevia?

Options
I live in a very hot climate so I like to use a small amount of Gatorade powder in my water when I exercise outside. I’ve been looking for a low or no calorie alternative but all the powders or tablets i’ve seem are sweetened with stevia which I absolutely LOATHE. Any suggestions?!

Replies

• Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Six (6) level teaspoons of Sugar. Half (1/2) level teaspoon of Salt. One Litre of clean drinking or boiled water and then cooled - 5 cupfuls (each cup about 200 ml.)
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I have really liked Nuun tablets. I don't think they have any sweetener at all. When I need a boost (as in an hour or more into a ride or right before a race), I use Gu.

I also don't think there's anything wrong with @Mithridites recipe. You could add lemon juice or another flavor.

Best of luck!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    https://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/electrolyte-powder/10529892.html

Not used this, but I use MyProtein a lot and considered using this when I was trying to increase my Magnesium for improved sleep, however it ticks your boxes and they often have money off codes and deliver worldwide.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,886 Member
    Options
    You can get several different kinds of electrolyte pills (Hammer Nutrition, Salt Stick).
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    I've recently been using Precision Hydration mix and capsules before and during workouts and like them. PH offers a variety of products that are based on your activity duration, whether pre or intra workout needs, as well as your online "sweat test" results. These products are strictly for hydration and separate from the fuels I use for calories.