Juicing anyone?

Options
Hello there,

Can someone let me know what exactly juicing is and where I would start? I've seen a lot of comments from people doing it saying it's very filling, so have been thinking about starting it too, just don't knwo what i need and where to start:)

Thank you!

Replies

• Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I love juicing. I forgot the name of the first website I went to, it had great recipes. Nowadays, I just throw in whatever I feel like, usually kale, carrots, an apple, celery, ginger, zucchini and squeeze in lemon at the end.
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I love juicing. I forgot the name of the first website I went to, it had great recipes. Nowadays, I just throw in whatever I feel like, usually kale, carrots, an apple, celery, ginger, zucchini and squeeze in lemon at the end.

So do you just throw it all in a blender or food processor and blend it up or do you need a special juicer? Also how do you make sure it tastes decent or you just chuck it?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hello there,

Can someone let me know what exactly juicing is and where I would start? I've seen a lot of comments from people doing it saying it's very filling, so have been thinking about starting it too, just don't knwo what i need and where to start:)

Thank you!

Juicing can be expensive and it will make you bulky
  • hopefaithlove24
    Options
    Hello there,

Thank you!

Juicing can be expensive and it will make you bulky

ha well I'm still fat so not worried about bulky yet ;)
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    you don't need to juice it's a waste of money. Just tren hard
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/

Check this website out. As for filling, whoever told you that lies.:grumble:
  • hopefaithlove24
    Options

So it's not filling? Why would people do it then?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should juice people.
  • LydiaShackelford
    LydiaShackelford Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love juicing! I have a rather inexpensive juicer (can't remember the brand, bought it at Best Buy), and it works just fine for me! I juice 5 large kale leaves, half a cucumber, two handfuls of spinach (which I wrap in the kale leaves for better results), two apples, one lemon, and about a teaspoon-tablespoon size of ginger root every morning! I drink it around 7 a.m. and then I'm not hungry until around 10:30 or 11. I eat every three hours, so it's perfect for me. And it tastes delicious! It's really energizing also!
  • hopefaithlove24
    Options

Who's talking about juicing people?
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

So it's not filling? Why would people do it then?

It's a fad, kind of like those "cleanses" you see people doing. Juicing actually gets rid of some of the nutrients in the fruits & veggies if you use a juicer so it seems really silly to me. I think you might be talking about using a blender to make smoothies. This will probably keep you more full (as you keep all the fiber when you use the blender) and I've seen some really delicious looking ones with kale, spinach, etc.
  • lcransaw
    lcransaw Posts: 95
    Options
    I blend fruits and veggies without extra sugar or juice or yogurt just to get servings of fruits and veggies in. I don't juice as a meal replacement or to be full. I keep it pretty simple, berries, kale, spinach, water.
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options

THIS is the website I got the recipes, thank you! I use a cheap juicer, my friend uses a high power blender and makes smoothies. Juicing can be expensive, I use the waste in spaghetti sauce so I don't throw anything away.
  • Why would ANYONE juice, when you can make smoothies? Why skip on the fibre and nutrients left in the pulp?
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options

Punctuation saves lives.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Punctuation saves lives.
    It is known.
  • hopefaithlove24
    Options

Punctuation saves lives.

Lol, I had too!
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Juicing fruits/vegetables/roots is a quick way to get nutrient rich substance into your body.

****DISCLAIMER***
    The best way to intake nutrients is through a well balanced diet.

However, I dont know about you, but I rarely find the time with a full time job, 3 kids, workouts & college courses to sit down & eat the daily recommended dose of my fruits & vegetables. So, I choose to create a UNPROCESSED, nutrient rich drink that allows me to consume my daily nutrients.

I don't use juicing as a replacement of a well balanced diet. I don't "juice fast". I create juice to supplement my nutritional intake to help my body through its natural process.

In regards to "juicing makes you bulky"..I'm sorry but that is broscience. Since I began juicing in Feb I am down from 238 to 206. The gifts of juicing can vary from increased stamina, better digestion, increased focus; depending on what fruits & vegetables you juice. To make my juice I prefer the Breville Juice Fountain. It works great for a wide variety of things. My average cost for 7 days of organic juice is about $18.00: Kale $3.00 Spinach $3.00 Carrots $2.00 Oranges $5.00 Strawberries $5.00.

The wasted parts could be seen as a downside. You do concede alot of fiber (pulp) in the process of making juice. But I can't remember the last time I sat down and ate a bundle of Kale, so if I got the nutrients from it ....did I really waste the $3.00????

There are some disadvantages to juicing. When you make juice you have to drink it within 36. Because your juice is unprocessed/unpasteurized, after 36 hrs it starts to ferment & can become unhealthy...be so does raw meat!!!! The best foods for us have a relatively short shelf life BECAUSE THEY ARE UNPROCESSED!! It's the chemicals/additives in the processing that create some of the greatest health risks.

If your considering juicing..my suggestion would be to find a cheap $50 juicer & try it out for 90 days. Keep a journal. At the end of 90 days see how you feel by comparison. I think you'll find out why most people who have juiced for more than 30 consistently, consider juicing an essential part of a healthy lifestyle.
  • hopefaithlove24
    Options
    Juicing fruits/vegetables/roots is a quick way to get nutrient rich substance into your body.

****DISCLAIMER***
    The best way to intake nutrients is through a well balanced diet.

However, I dont know about you, but I rarely find the time with a full time job, 3 kids, workouts & college courses to sit down & eat the daily recommended dose of my fruits & vegetables. So, I choose to create a UNPROCESSED, nutrient rich drink that allows me to consume my daily nutrients.

I don't use juicing as a replacement of a well balanced diet. I don't "juice fast". I create juice to supplement my nutritional intake to help my body through its natural process.

In regards to "juicing makes you bulky"..I'm sorry but that is broscience. Since I began juicing in Feb I am down from 238 to 206. The gifts of juicing can vary from increased stamina, better digestion, increased focus; depending on what fruits & vegetables you juice. To make my juice I prefer the Breville Juice Fountain. It works great for a wide variety of things. My average cost for 7 days of organic juice is about $18.00: Kale $3.00 Spinach $3.00 Carrots $2.00 Oranges $5.00 Strawberries $5.00.

The wasted parts could be seen as a downside. You do concede alot of fiber (pulp) in the process of making juice. But I can't remember the last time I sat down and ate a bundle of Kale, so if I got the nutrients from it ....did I really waste the $3.00????

There are some disadvantages to juicing. When you make juice you have to drink it within 36. Because your juice is unprocessed/unpasteurized, after 36 hrs it starts to ferment & can become unhealthy...be so does raw meat!!!! The best foods for us have a relatively short shelf life BECAUSE THEY ARE UNPROCESSED!! It's the chemicals/additives in the processing that create some of the greatest health risks.

If your considering juicing..my suggestion would be to find a cheap $50 juicer & try it out for 90 days. Keep a journal. At the end of 90 days see how you feel by comparison. I think you'll find out why most people who have juiced for more than 30 consistently, consider juicing an essential part of a healthy lifestyle.

^^^^ This is very informative... thank you :)