Guilt Free Salad Dressings

Options
I was just wondering if any of you have ever tried the Guilt Free Salad dressings from Walden Farms. It has no Calories, sugar, carbs, gluten, or cholesterol. I got the honey mustard one and it smells disgusting, so I don't really want to try any of the other ones, but I figured it would be nice for a calorie free dressing on my salads sometimes, becuase I love putting topings on my salads.

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    It is too good to be true, it probably is. I haven't tried it, but I wouldn't buy it either. Fats in the dressing will help your body absorb the vitamins from the salad.

Good Luck.
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I tried these once, and, well, let's just say that they didn't agree with my stomach very well. That's probably just my own experience, though.

If you're willing to go low-cal low-fat, there are lots of good options, and using those in moderation might be better than using a lot of really gross calorie-free stuff.

I swear by fat free cardini's caesar dressing, and for lowfat options, I love Annie's naturals ginger sesame. I also mix fat-free italian (esp. the cheap grocery-store kind, which is nice but doesn't have a lot of flavor) with the more caloric dressings. It works nicely with the raspberry walnut or sundried tomato vinaigrettes, which tend to be sugary, and a little to high calorie on their own.

Also....lemon juice and balsamic vineagar are great on salads, and a more naturally way to limit salad calories while adding flavor.
  • littlemac
    littlemac Posts: 4
    Options
    I have tried the the honey dijon and it doesn't taste as bad as it smells but pretty sure the no calories thing is a pile of crap. How can they have that many ingredients and still have 0 calories. I also found i losta couple lbs after i stopped eating it and whether that was a fluke or not i don't know. To reduce calories but still have some flavor i roast shallots and then puree with mustard a bit of honey salt and pepper, vinegar then a tiny bit of oil and water and it tastes good to me.....
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I would steer clear of these, they are nothing but chemicals...maybe low calorie yes, but you will hinder your weight loss and nutrition by pumping chemicals into your body! I make my own, you can use less olive oil and more balsamic, lots of fresh garlic and a bit of deli mustard and it is delicious!
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Tried it. Bought both the raspberry and ranch. The ranch tastes sweeter than the other ranch dressings (i.e. hidden valley, etc.), but it's not bad.
    The raspberry is goooood.

Haven't hindered my diet or weight loss at all and a very good no-sugar option.
    They are sweetened with splenda (6th ingredient on the list usually).
  • jlallen
    jlallen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like the kraft light done right dressings they still have a lil of everything in them but they are considerably smaller amounts.
  • agrasty2002
    agrasty2002 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello there. I have the Walden Farms Guilt Free Dressings...I have to say that I do not like the honey mustard like I thought I would. But I do like the Creamy Bacon Ranch (and I normally don't like ranch dressing)....I think it is well worth it...if not the next best thing is fat free zesty italian usually ranging from 10-15 calories.