How often do you weigh yourself?

I’ve been doing it biweekly and so far i really like it because I feel like water weight and things fluctuate so I get a more exact number. But now that I’m starting to lose more weight and getting more excited about my progress I’m considering weighing myself every week.
Just looking to see what others do and what works best for them

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2018
    https://bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-bmi-and-weighing-frequency.html/

[ETA:] I weigh daily and input the results into a weight trending app to monitor long-term trends rather than (perfectly normal) daily fluctuations.

Regarding scale weight fluctuations: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10683010/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-fluctuations/p1
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    I weigh almost every workday. I average the numbers & record that average weekly. Takes care of daily fluctuations, different clothing, etc, so there are not multiple-pound differences. Makes my graph much smoother & more realistic.
  • gstaubs1
    gstaubs1 Posts: 200 Member
    edited August 2018
    I cant help it I weigh myself every day. The crazy thing is only once did it go slightly up almost everyday I seem to lose weight. maybe because I just started and soon it will level out. For now I love seeing the scale go down every day lol... today's weigh in 191.2 almost 9 lbs in about 4 weeks. Woot!
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited August 2018
    I weigh myself frequently, BUT I do not let it effect me. I have seen my weight fluctuate almost 7lbs in 1 day from dehydration. I have a fitbit aria scale and also use the trendweight website to watch my weight trends.

I have been trying to cut back to weighing in the morning everyday. On vacation in Cancun right now so been some time since I seen my scale. ;-)
  • nancyvinci92
    nancyvinci92 Posts: 9 Member
    Every single week because my current goal is a 2 pounds-per-week reduction
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Every morning.
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Once per week, Monday mornings.
  • belladamjc
    belladamjc Posts: 55 Member
    Daily just to log it and see the variation. I've never been scale sensitive, but whenever it goes up, I get a determination boost to do better and work harder.
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    I weigh myself everyday in the morning, I find it helps me to stay on track
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    5-7x per week, I use a trend weight app to sort through the fluctuations
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Mondays (So i can see if any weekend treats/monster gym sessions have impacted me) and fridays (because i have been sensible all week and it determines whether I have a cheat day) xx
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,515 Member
    Every morning. Sometimes later in the day as well because I like seeing the fluctuations, it fascinates me how much the scale can move from things like undigested food, fecal matter, urine, water weight, etc.
  • MorningVeggie
    MorningVeggie Posts: 111 Member
    I weigh myself everyday but I measure my body every week. Sometimes I end up losing more inches than weight in a week so I like to measure weekly
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Every morning. Keeps me honest--if I skip a few days, I notice my weight begins to climb. I don't worry about occasional ups and downs, just overall pattern.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    daily <3
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    I am more successful with daily weighing.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    I love weekly and biweekly weighing. I don't set myself up for failure that way. And I never weight right after a day where I eat out, or where I eat at maintenance, or where I eat a lot of sodium. That way I don't get discouraged by short-term blips.
  • TinaBelcher1988
    TinaBelcher1988 Posts: 16 Member
    Every morning
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    I weigh daily and then track the average in an excel document. I only log my losses in my progress on MFP though.
  • MeganReid1991
    MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
    How do you guys who weigh everyday?
    For me I’m way to dependent as of now to do that. If I don’t see a loss I tend to give up in the past at least I’m trying to be more realistic this time around and lose weight more slowly!
    Bi weekly I can see a big jump in weight! From 3-6 pounds so I love seeing a big difference but I agree doing it weekly might keep me in check!