• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    I should be doing something with this time
    Reading
    Working out
    Writing my d&d campaign

Instead I am here

you can get inspiration for all those things here though so it ain't totally a raw deal. which edition of D&D are you playing anyhow?
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    Reading
    Working out
    Writing my d&d campaign

Instead I am here

you can get inspiration for all those things here though so it ain't totally a raw deal. which edition of D&D are you playing anyhow?

5e, and there is fairly little inspiration here AMIRIGHT?
  • iMago
    Options
    Reading
    Working out
    Writing my d&d campaign

Instead I am here

OH U.

i actually like 4e better personally because it felt easier to turn the players into "superheroes" earlier on and despite how long it usually takes they always enjoyed the combat better.

idk if that will help you with an idea of what you want to do or not but hopefully so.

also got a bunch of monsters rolled up and pre-planned encounters saved too still that i need to update to 5e stats. if i ever get around to finishing it i'll send some your way if you want?
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You're good enough. You're smart enough. And, doggone it, people like you.

Now up off your butt!
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    Reading
    Working out
    Writing my d&d campaign

Instead I am here

OH U.

i actually like 4e better personally because it felt easier to turn the players into "superheroes" earlier on and despite how long it usually takes they always enjoyed the combat better.

idk if that will help you with an idea of what you want to do or not but hopefully so.

also got a bunch of monsters rolled up and pre-planned encounters saved too still that i need to update to 5e stats. if i ever get around to finishing it i'll send some your way if you want?
    YES
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Go to the gym bruh
    NO
    SwannySez wrote: »
    You're good enough. You're smart enough. And, doggone it, people like you.

Now up off your butt!

nfbk5glf5443.gif
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    What is d&d?
  • iMago
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    What is d&d?

dungeons and dragons. an old paper and pencil role playing game with miniature figures and typically sword and sorcery based storylines.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I have definitely heard of this game, but never knew how it was played....still dont quite understand it, but i think its pretty cool if you are writing up your own quest or adventure or whatever its called.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I have definitely heard of this game, but never knew how it was played....still dont quite understand it, but i think its pretty cool if you are writing up your own quest or adventure or whatever its called.

I've heard of it too.

All I know is that it's synonymous with: mom's basement, zero fashion sense, funyons & virginity.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I've heard of it too.

All I know is that it's synonymous with: mom's basement, zero fashion sense, funyons & virginity.

There's some really good D&D podcasts now too.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

I've heard of it too.

... I'm sure there are.
  • iMago
    Options

it's always had a nerdy connotation to it honestly.
    but it can be a lot of fun with the right group of people.
    and yep if you're into writing at all, its a good way to stretch those muscles by forcing yourself to come up with the right balance of story, action and character development. depending on how you play it also has a degree of "chess" to it, considering you may need to think tactically to progress beyond certain fights or monsters.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

I've heard of it too.

... I'm sure there are.

No, like there are some really good ones.

I don't know if it's a podcast too but HarmonQuest is gold. It's by the creator of Rick and Morty/ Community.
    They also have famous comedians come on as guests. Side note: D&D always has zombies in it at some point.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    What is d&d?

And I'll do you one better: WHY is D&D?
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    Yeah, same here but oh well
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Shhhhhh. Just embrace it.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options

I've heard of it too.

Exactly! Now I am in my OWN basement playing with people 200 miles away, with no fashion sense and also yes, i AM still a virgin
    SwannySez wrote: »
    What is d&d?

And I'll do you one better: WHY is D&D?
    All of the yes.
    anl90 wrote: »
    Shhhhhh. Just embrace it.

Exactly