Almost 50 and need to lose over 100 lbs! Lets be friends!!

Options
agrube1968
agrube1968 Posts: 132 Member
edited August 2018 in Motivation and Support
I would love to have more friends here on MFP. I am very active and am on here everyday multiple times per day! So anyone who wants a friend who's active please add me. I am very good at encouraging and motivating others (just not so much when it comes to doing that for myself - but I'm working on it).

Would love to have others that's stats are similar to mine; whether that's where you are now or where you started at. It's always encouraging and inspiring to see others who were as big as me but have lost the weight because I can look and say "See if you keep going you could look like this!".

And also if anyone would like to exchange numbers and actually text for encouragement and accountability I would be up for that too. (BUT ONLY for weight loss related encouragment - I am happily married so not looking to text anyone on a personal level like that, just wanted to make that clear!)

Thanks and God Bless!
Anna

Highest Weight: 302 lbs
Starting weight: 297.8
Current weight: 287
Goal weight: 175 lbs
Height: 5'8"

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I suggest you get to know people on here before texting. I do not wish to text, but I have similar stars. Started at 301, lost 145+, maintaining for 2 years. 5'7". Age 63, started at 59.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Quick note - MFP's guidelines include an item prohibiting the public posting of personal contact information:
    7. Do Not Publish Private Contact Information
    For your safety, do not post personal information such as telephone numbers, emails, mailing addresses, chat or instant messenger IDs, etc.

If you choose to share phone numbers or other contact information, please don't post it publicly in the community. The entire community guideline list is located here if you'd like to review. :flowerforyou:

@agrube1968 - Congrats on your weight loss so far! I'm almost 40 (not 50, but hey - another 'almost', right?). Also happily married. :) I've been on MFP for years, and have been maintaining for 3... I've been creeping up lately, though (for, like, the last year I've been struggling), so I really need to buckle back down and do the simple things to get the weight back down. Here are my stats:

Highest weight: 200+ (not actually sure, since I had already lost weight before I weighed myself)
    Current weight: 140(ish)
    Goal weight: 135 (ish - considering lowering my 'low end' maintenance weight)
    Height: 5'4"
  • TexasTallchick
    TexasTallchick Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi Anna,

I’d be interested in a text buddy. I’m 43, 6’3 (female), and about 275. I’m trying to get down to 225. Send me an email on here if you’re interested in communicating off the site. I promise I’m not going to abuse your number in any way. I’m pretty normal...widowed last year and have turned to food in my grief. No kids, 2 dogs. 😊
  • poochiespeople
    poochiespeople Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI Anna! :) I'd love to be friends on here. We are in the same boat
  • wildrosejmj
    wildrosejmj Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been doing MFP off and on for a few years - lately more off than on - but am completely new to the community portion of the site. My numbers are similar to yours. I'm 45, 5'7", and currently at my highest weight of 263. I would like to get to 200, but would be thrilled to be anywhere close. The lowest I've gotten in the last several years is 240, and that took my many months of logging every day. It is so stinkin' hard. All it takes is a few weeks of slacking off and it seems like the weight comes right back immediately - weight it took months to get rid of. I've been searching for the magic answer to what I should be eating and decided to come back to MFP, trying to stay between 1200 and 1400 calories, on a low carb, high protein diet. I wish I could find the time/desire to exercise. My life is very busy, however, and I hate exercising. I can't find enough time in the day to do things I enjoy, so I'm not real excited about taking time I don't have and using it for something I hate. Anyway, I guess I'm reaching out for support and hope I can make this work this time. I would truly like to have more energy and be more physically active, not to mention just feeling more comfortable overall. I look forward to getting to know you. Thanks. :)
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I am generally pretty active here, although I can be sporadic sometimes, and I like encouraging others. My stats -

Highest Weight: 318 lbs
    Starting weight: 313
    Current weight: 306
    Goal weight: 188 lbs
    Height: 5'9"

Sending you a friend request. :)

• Chelsi1028
    Chelsi1028 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm a "liker" and a sporadic commenter but I'm always looking for new friends! I try to post status updates and such as well.

I'll be 30 at the end of October, got 2 little people and 2 cats. I do well with keeping up on exercise but it's the damn food that holds me back. I'll send you a request! (If anyone else is looking for some extra support send me a request!)
    Height: 5'3"
    Highest Weight: 290s
    Starting Weight: 280
    Current Weight: 220.5
    Goal Weight: 135-140