Excessive Beans

2»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    bpotts44 wrote: »
    It sure wouldn't hurt to get some lean meats and veggies in there. Beans and protein bars are kind of devoid of micros although the egg yolks are good.

Beans are actually a good source of many minerals, so calling them devoid of minerals is calumny.

Awesome, I learned a new word today! Thank you :smiley:
    I had to look it up too - always good to add to the vocabulary. I thought maybe calumny was your brother. :D
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,685 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    bpotts44 wrote: »
    It sure wouldn't hurt to get some lean meats and veggies in there. Beans and protein bars are kind of devoid of micros although the egg yolks are good.

Beans are actually a good source of many minerals, so calling them devoid of minerals is calumny.

Awesome, I learned a new word today! Thank you :smiley:
    I had to look it up too - always good to add to the vocabulary. I thought maybe calumny was your brother. :D

No, but contumely is calumny's brother.

(Apologies for off topic, OP: Couldn't resist.)
  • peggy_polenta
    peggy_polenta Posts: 325 Member
    stay away from raw kidney beans as they can be toxic. google for details
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Who eats raw kidney beans?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,685 Member
    Who eats raw kidney beans?

(Chortle!) My thoughts exactly. But apparently cooking them in a slow-cooker can also be a problem. Minimum 10 minutes of boiling seems to be advised.

And I'm pretty sure the canned kidney beans have been boiled for more than 10 minutes . . .
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    This is very similar to my diet. Instead of beans though, I eat jerky or lunch meat. I make sure to eat a piece of fruit everyday, usually an apple in the morning. If it's been a few days and I haven't had a vegetable, I'll either take a multi-vitamin or a greens supplement.

To be honest, I'm used to have a far better diet and I looked and felt better then. My skin sometimes is a little off color, I'm always cold, my hair feels kind of dry, my digestion is poor, my energy levels are unpredictable. Get all your nutrients. Your body will thank you.