emotional eating!

Options
What do you do when your kids drive you crazy and throw a big monkey wrench into your plans and you are so frustrated you could scream, but instead you eat. A lot. Trying to drown the frustration and irritation in food. Then, several hours later, you come to and realize what you've done and the futility of it all, but now the calories and junk are inside and all you have left is regret and self-loathing. Yup.... pretty much sums up my day. Suggestions?

Replies

• CNG24
    CNG24 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm emotional eater and I struggle with severe depression. The way I get through is: tomorrow is a new day, you've survived 100% of your bad days, you will survive this one. I've also started a journal to write out my frustrations instead of eat then cuz I'm only hurting myself then.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I struggle with depression and emotional eating, too. Something which helps me is to remind myself it is just one day. If I did poorly today, there is always tomorrow. I try not to get too hung up on when I 'fail'. I would also say, allowing yourself to give in, in moderation can help as well. For me personally, I do better when I allow myself something small here and there, rather than completely cutting the bad stuff out.

You've got me if you would like a friend on here. :)