Size 16-18

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You will get different answers from different people, but ultimately it's something you'll have to settle within yourself. If you don't think it's attractive, then you won't feel attractive, no matter how many people tell you they think it is.
  • FireVixen_Fayth
    FireVixen_Fayth Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Ya know what's odd about sizing too? I was 215 and a size 11-12. My. Other in law was about 170 and a size 12
  • PCOS_VICTOR
    PCOS_VICTOR Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Yeah and the scale lies as well. Apparently a lot of people say I don’t look like I weigh 208 pounds.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Is being a size 16/18 still attractive? I feel like I’ll never be beautiful enough until I’m a 10/12
    I want to be happy with who I am now until I get to where I want to be. I just assume my size is gross to look at. When I look at my body, especially in pictures I hate what I see....

Well I think you're very attractive so whatever size you are now still wins for me. Sure get slimmer if you want, more people will find you attractive the slimmer you get but you already have the most important opinion 🧐👍
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Ya know what's odd about sizing too? I was 215 and a size 11-12. My. Other in law was about 170 and a size 12

Are you much taller? Or carry more up top?
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    You are a very attractive lady and losing more weight while good to a point is not the be all end all of attraction. You look like a good person to know and your eyes are great. Don't lose weight to meet some sort of "social requirement."
  • mandymay01
    mandymay01 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I've been told that men are attracted to a personality and not to a size
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Of course! There is nothing wrong at all with that size! I am at the higher end of a size 18, and my husband thinks I am gorgeous as is. So that is what I am trying to work on seeing as well. <3
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    A lot of what makes someone attractive is attitude and personality. Now matter how great a person may look, a crap attitude and 'kitten' personality can kill thier attractiveness.

That's being said, two people with equivalent attitudes and personality; the one in overall better health (usually thinner, but not always) will be seen as more attractive, that's basic human instinct and biology.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I can weigh in here from personal experience. I went from a tight 16 (and better fitting 18 pants) to currently a size 10 (starting to droop 12 pants).

At my highest I was happy and at peace with what I was in the mirror. But my blood pressure became a concern so I lost weight.

Now I like what I see in the mirror. (Except for my lower belly.) I walk around with a lot more confidence And I love buying clothes. I still pay attention to the fit in my lower belly.

Just last week I realized that I am my own worst critic! If I lose more and hit the genetics lottery and ditch the lower belly fat (By the way I call that part of me George.) then another area of my body will make me insecure. Perhaps my flabby bat wings.

To be honest I was more at peace with my 16/18 because I had not yet put in the hard work and did not know I could do it. Once I lost I became more obsessed about what I saw in the mirror and more vain. I am working through this currently.

Learn to love what you see at whatever size that is!
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I have been a number of sizes over the years. My biggest size was 16-18, and my smallest size was 8. My observation is what people are attracted to is self confidence and the ability to really take an interest in other people. While some men may be attracted at first glance to the beautiful woman with a great body, when you project self confidence and can focus on really listening to someone else - making them feel like they are the only person in the world, it goes a long way to seeming attractive. I knew a Congressman's wife, a woman of a certain age, who attracted people like flies, because she had he ability to make whoever she was talking to feel like the person she most wanted to talk to.
    I look forward to being a smaller size and wearing normal size clothes again, because it will make me feel good. But I know that at end of the day, I won't be prettier or younger - I'll just have a better wrapping. But the minute I stop feeling self confident and having an interest in other people, it won't mean a thing.
  • EllyGo
    EllyGo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Internally, I do not feel unattractive. I do not picture myself, in my head, as fat (yes, using that un-pc word) as I am now. I do not fantasize that I am significantly slimmer, just the weight I was a few years ago, 30 ish pounds less (I’ve hovering between 200-210 these days). Then I see my reflection or a picture taken of me, and dislike and am disappointed that I let myself gain so much weight. What I see is a person who, in my opinion, does not look desireable.

I cannot deny that being as over weight as I am does not have a negative impact on my life. I cannot comfortably do a lot of the physical things I used to do...even something like taking a long walk. My bp, sugar and cholesterol are creepying into dangerous numbers.

You would think that when excess weight starts affecting my health I would be motivated to a commitment to a regime of better eating and exercise...yet I struggle still.
  • FireVixen_Fayth
    FireVixen_Fayth Posts: 154 Member
    Options

Are you much taller? Or carry more up top?

I'm 5"10 and I think she is 5"6 or so.
  • dmcnur
    dmcnur Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    When I first met my partner 16 years ago I was a size 16-18 and weighed in at 185lbs, which is not the best with my 5'3" height. His first ever words to me were "Oh my God, you are beautiful". So yes big can be beautiful and sexy.
  • PCOS_VICTOR
    Options
    Just now reading all these new comments! I enjoy ready everyone’s insight on this.❤️
  • PCOS_VICTOR
    Options
    bufger wrote: »
    Is being a size 16/18 still attractive? I feel like I’ll never be beautiful enough until I’m a 10/12
    I want to be happy with who I am now until I get to where I want to be. I just assume my size is gross to look at. When I look at my body, especially in pictures I hate what I see....

Well I think you're very attractive so whatever size you are now still wins for me. Sure get slimmer if you want, more people will find you attractive the slimmer you get but you already have the most important opinion 🧐👍

Thank you! You are very kind ❤️
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    It sounds cliche, but beauty truly does come in all shapes and sizes. There are no shortage of size 4s out there that are unattractive (dear coworker, those teased bangs went out in the 80s and they are not coming back sweetheart) and there are no shortage of plus sized women who are hot as hell. Yes, obviously personality is a big component, but so is how you carry yourself and how you take care of yourself. And if you poll a room of 100 what they find most attractive, you'll get a range of responses. Eyes, legs, dimples, hair, etc. I won't lie and say I've ever felt better at a 16 than a 12, but I've always tried to rock what I have. You should too. Your profile photo here shows a happy, confident, beautiful youthful woman with an incredible smile and soft eyes. I hope you can see it too, regardless of your dress size.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    (dear coworker, those teased bangs went out in the 80s and they are not coming back sweetheart)

Oh I don't know about that. Last week I saw stirrup pants in the store!! Lol