Having hard time eating calorie intake

Options
My calorie intake is 2,200 I'm struggling to eat a little over 1,000 I weight over 300 and worried this might strain my weight loss but I'm just so full so easily.

Any advice??

Replies

• MagnumOpus1
    MagnumOpus1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Trust me you can eat that amount and still loose weight. You could probably eat a bit more too. That said what are you eating and how are you spacing out your meals?
  • TokyoNeko
    TokyoNeko Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Trust me you can eat that amount and still loose weight. You could probably eat a bit more too. That said what are you eating and how are you spacing out your meals?

In the morning I usually have
    7:30 Am
    Coffee
    A protein bar

Or

Oatmeal and a boiled
    Egg

I am a horrible morning eater as is before I learned it was good for your health i never ate breakfast

12 OR 1pm

For lunch I usually have
    Salad with vegetarian chicken strips
    Or a sandwich with vegetarian deli slices with salad
    Lots of salad
    Sometimes I'll have grilled cheese
    [Multi grain bread 45 calorie Sara lee]

Snack: between 1-3
    A cheese stick
    A protein bar
    Veggies like zuchinni carrots

5:30 or 6pm
    Dinner is random
    Grilled cheese with tomato soup
    A baked potato
    A lean cuisine
    Another salad ect

I only drink water and I drink so much lol
  • TokyoNeko
    Options
    Basically I don't want my muscles to deteriorate lol hair to fall out ect

Mayybe there is high calorie [but healthy]
    Vegetarian options to help
  • TokyoNeko
    Options
    I've also never been one to "binge
    But I didn't eat healthy and was never very active I gained most my weight during my pregnancy but always been so broke lived off potatoes and ramen haha
  • Seraxil
    Seraxil Posts: 18 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    TokyoNeko wrote: »
    My calorie intake is 2,200 I'm struggling to eat a little over 1,000 I weight over 300 and worried this might strain my weight loss but I'm just so full so easily.

Any advice??

How long have you been struggling and how much weight have you lost in this time?

There is often a "honeymoon" period when someone changes how they eat and their appetite goes down. This doesn't last long.

I second that! I’ve only been counting cals for about 11 days ish and for the first 6 I was fine. Now I’m starving!! Luckily, I was ‘doing fine’ and not eating all my cals so now this extra hunger can be solved with my remaining calories that I wasn’t eating before.

Also, as people have said, weighing is important. I bought a food scale last week and it was a real eye opener. And where are you getting the cals from for your food?

Oatmeal and egg is roughly 220 cals
    Sand which and veggie meat and salad is roughly 250
    Grilled cheese getting on for 500 cals plus your snacks.

This is obviously estimating as we don’t know amounts or brands but you may be eating much more than you think if your not weighing and logging.

Hopefully you get a bit more of an appetite soon so you can experiment with filling tasty healthy food :)
  • TokyoNeko
    Options

Any advice??

How long have you been struggling and how much weight have you lost in this time?

There is often a "honeymoon" period when someone changes how they eat and their appetite goes down. This doesn't last long.

I've lost 21ibs since August 1st
    Been getting hard to reach goal past two weeks
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    A food scale and accurate logging are powerful tools for weight loss. Check out this thread.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    You can use regular bread instead of the 45 calorie kind. You can add in another snack or two. Are you logging everything accurately/using a food scale? Are you tracking any oil/butter etc. that you use to cook with? You don't have to eat breakfast if you don't want. You could push that out to later in the morning like around 10 am if you wanted. Just eat more for your meals. A grilled cheese with tomato soup wouldn't fill me up personally. A Lean Cuisine definitely wouldn't either.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Any advice??

Calorie goal or weight loss goal? You've lost 21 pounds in a month, which is a LOT. How much did you lose the first week? If you had a big initial water weight drop, we can toss that out and figure out your average weekly weight loss from the next three weeks.

But it does sound like you are undereating. You can easily get more calories from foods like peanut butter, nuts, and cheese.
  • TokyoNeko
    Options

Any advice??

Calorie goal or weight loss goal? You've lost 21 pounds in a month, which is a LOT. How much did you lose the first week? If you had a big initial water weight drop, we can toss that out and figure out your average weekly weight loss from the next three weeks.

But it does sound like you are undereating. You can easily get more calories from foods like peanut butter, nuts, and cheese.

Lost 6ibs first week

I also work out everyday.
  • TokyoNeko
    edited August 2018
    Options

Any advice??

And my calorie goal is 2,200
    I cany get to it but a lot of things I have read said you need too

I used to get full off of a Muchas burrito
    Or just a large fry.

Believe me I know why I'm 300
    When I went vegan and was always busy I ate out I didn't eat much food I'm a terrible cook . But I ate HUGE amounts of calories just to sit at home. Plus I used to drink 32oz blended coffees like it's nobodies business lol
    And drank lots of soda.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Any advice??

1. You have been losing very quickly. If you are currently losing more than 2-3 lbs per week, you need to eat more calorie dense food. Focus on using your calories to hit your protein and fat goals. Don't shy away from calorie dense foods, just weigh out a reasonable portion and log them. There is nothing wrong with including treat foods in a healthy diet, assuming you can moderate them.
    2. Start using a food scale. Accurate numbers will take a lot of the guesswork out of what you are experiencing.
    3. If you start using a food scale, try to eat more calorie dense foods, and are still having trouble getting enough food to moderate your rate of loss, make a doctor's appointment.
  • TokyoNeko
    Options
    Thanks everyone I don't want to be unhealthy my goal is be healthy slowly getting there
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    It is unhealthy to lose too much weight too quickly; your body plunders your muscles for the energy it needs when you are not eating enough. And before you say “It’s cool, I’m too big everywhere and losing a bunch of muscle will just make me slimmer” remember that your heart is a muscle.

21lbs in a month may feel very rewarding but it’s not healthy or sustainable. You need to learn how to eat the way you are going to eat for the rest of your life. There is no end to this “diet”, just a time when you add back a few hundred calories to go into maintenance. This time while you are losing is about learning what foods you find most satisfying, what foods give you the nutrients you need and what appropriate portion sizes are for you. It’s really not about losing the most amount of weight you can in the least amount of time.

There is a reason why MFP has a limit of 2lbs/week when you are setting up your account and it’s not just because they forgot to add more options or didn’t foresee people wanting to lose more than 2lbs/week. It’s not healthy or sustainable.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I don't want to be unhealthy my goal is be healthy slowly getting there

Try the podcast Half-Size Me. A lot of good info. Some of the very early episodes have some woo, but the later ones are great.
  • TokyoNeko
    Options
    It is unhealthy to lose too much weight too quickly; your body plunders your muscles for the energy it needs when you are not eating enough. And before you say “It’s cool, I’m too big everywhere and losing a bunch of muscle will just make me slimmer” remember that your heart is a muscle.

21lbs in a month may feel very rewarding but it’s not healthy or sustainable. You need to learn how to eat the way you are going to eat for the rest of your life. There is no end to this “diet”, just a time when you add back a few hundred calories to go into maintenance. This time while you are losing is about learning what foods you find most satisfying, what foods give you the nutrients you need and what appropriate portion sizes are for you. It’s really not about losing the most amount of weight you can in the least amount of time.

There is a reason why MFP has a limit of 2lbs/week when you are setting up your account and it’s not just because they forgot to add more options or didn’t foresee people wanting to lose more than 2lbs/week. It’s not healthy or sustainable.

See that is my worry so mainly looking for high calorie foods that aren’t to big so I can reach my calorie goal
    Sto be honest loosing 20ibs scares me more then excited me