Time Restricted Eating

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm 27lb lost into my weight loss journey, with many many more to go.
I'm considering attempting time restricted eating - and I was wondering if anyone here had experience of it, and could share what it was like for them?
I was considering my eating window being 12pm-8/9pm, but i'd love to hear people's experiences and/or thoughts.
Have a great day and thanks for reading!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It's actually the other way around. To lose weight, the universal "you" have to eat less, consistently, for real, and for a long time. That is not up for discussion. HOW to eat less, consistently, for real, and for a long time, is what's individual and up to your personal judgement, which should include food preferences and aversions, daily schedule (work, family, social), medical issues, and learning/thinking style. That is also not up for discussion.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    If IF helps people control how much they eat, then you do what you need to do. I've never been a fan of it. Ultimately, it's all about CICO.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I do IF, but it is just kind of the way I'm wired. I never ate breakfast until I was in my late 20's and working an office job. Subsequently, that is when I started gaining weight. Now, I skip breakfast 6 out of 7 days because I'm just not hungry (day 7 my H and I have a diner date and go out to a late breakfast). For me, I prefer to have bigger meals, and only eating twice per day instead of 3 times plus snacks, allows me to have bigger meals while still staying within my calorie allowance.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    Best thing to do with any "plan" is to try it and see how it goes.

I eat 16:8 ish. Not religiously, but it is my normal preferred eating style. I too prefer a couple big meals spaced a few hours apart rather than little snacky meals. Once I am up to my calorie goal, I'm pretty content for the day. I just start eating 3-4 hours after I get up and stop eating 3-4 hours before bed.
  • Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I do it, but it’s not a deliberate thing. I’m usually up at 6.30am but rarely eat before 1pm. It is helpful for me as I am an evening picker, and tend to consume most of my daily calories after 7pm. So it gives me more to play with then. Having said that, if I was hungry earlier I’d absolutely eat earlier. Weight loss just needs all your daily intake to add up to less than your daily output.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Ive done IF for the past 3 decades and I have not lost anymore weight doing it as opposed to not doing it(I have tried non fasting too). I have lost weight,gained weight and maintained my weight doing IF. it has to do with CICO(calories in calories out). Im not a breakfast eater so it works for me for that reason. its not a special weight loss way of eating. it may help some with insulin issue but again its not going to make a difference in weight loss unless you are in a deficit of calories and if IF helps you stick to that deficit then great.