Lost half of me and hit original goal!

Oma827
Oma827 Posts: 114 Member
Had to ask the nurse again, but when she told me my weight I had hit my goal. Very hard to comprehend. I lost 175 lbs. in 18 months with close physician supervision.

Thank you MFP peeps from the bottom of my heart. I read every day. CICO in the real world is basically my eating plan forever. Fresh whole foods, limited sauces or gravies, as a basic plan. Let Life Happen with friends or meals out. Move. That’s it! And in the spirit of the summer: GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLL!

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Absolutely, positively, unequivocally W <3 W and BOOM! You've so accomplished a huge and magnificent feat. I'm so GLAD for you. You're an amazing and powerful person and THANK YOU so much for posting this super inspirational and encouraging post. You ROCK, period. {{{{ Hugs and the highest of fives to/for YOU }}}}}
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Oma827 wrote: »
    Had to ask the nurse again, but when she told me my weight I had hit my goal. Very hard to comprehend. I lost 175 lbs. in 18 months with close physician supervision.

Thank you MFP peeps from the bottom of my heart. I read every day. CICO in the real world is basically my eating plan forever. Fresh whole foods, limited sauces or gravies, as a basic plan. Let Life Happen with friends or meals out. Move. That’s it! And in the spirit of the summer: GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLL!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What an achievement. I wish you all the best with maintenance; be kind to yourself and accept natural variations but don't take your eye off the ball. X :D
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Let Life Happen - I love that :smile: Congratulations on a fantastic accomplishment!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    edited August 2018
    Weight loss is never about believing in diet plans or working out. It is only about believing in yourself.
    It looks like you've mastered it!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Iwilldothis4myself
    Iwilldothis4myself Posts: 34 Member
    That's wonderful!! You inspired me!! Congratulations!
  • jondspen
    jondspen Posts: 253 Member
    edited August 2018
    Great job! That is amazing dedication and perseverance!

Any plans for a big reward to grtz yourself? Vacation, party with friends, new set of clothes?
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    great result, congratulations
  • Oma827
    Oma827 Posts: 114 Member
    Any plans for a big reward to grtz yourself? Vacation, party with friends, new set of clothes?[/quote]

My husband said “chocolate” but we talked about food not bring a reward. So, because this man has a sense of humor, picking out a “chocolate” diamond ring is on the horizon. That is now MY kind of chocolate reward!

• dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Congrats!! Such an achievement!!
  • jonesite
    jonesite Posts: 40 Member
    Congratulations, what an accomplishment! CICO is truly the answer - who knew something so simple would be the answer. Enjoy your success and thanks for giving all of us the inspiration we need.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Congrats!! You have done so well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!