10 Ways losing weight is like learning to drive a stick

Options

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Or you can be non-American and not have to deal with it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    11. If you try to teach it to your spouse/significant other, you're going to have a bad time
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    11. If you try to teach it to your spouse/significant other, you're going to have a bad time

^^^ THIS.

Although I've never had my father or older brother yell at me incessantly for grinding the gears or spinning tires during my weight loss.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    This post is full of win!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I grinded my cal goal two days ago. It made an awful sound.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Love this!
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Lol thanks for the post.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    11. When you go to drive an automatic in the future (going back to your old ways of eating) it feels abnormal now and you keep subconsciously reverting back to driving a manual by stomping the floor for the clutch and reaching for the shifter (trying to eat and exercise the "new" way).
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    11. When you go to drive an automatic in the future (going back to your old ways of eating) it feels abnormal now and you keep subconsciously reverting back to driving a manual by stomping the floor for the clutch and reaching for the shifter (trying to eat and exercise the "new" way).
    Great addition! Great post OP. Very funny and relatable. And BTW - Brits and Europe or whoever - doesn't matter if you actually drive a stick or automatic, her post was just an analogy and it was funny. Get over you stick shift selves. You missed the point.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    Options
    12. When you've lurched to a stop by stalling it, you don't get out and do something stupid like hitchhike. You turn the key and try again.

Great post, Bean.
  • svanzinha
    svanzinha Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that. So fun - and so true!!
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Great post! So true!
  • peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Or you can be non-American and not have to deal with it.

why do people assume that no american knows how to drive a stick? I dont assume all non americans are stuck up snobby *kitten*. Just the french.
  • retropactum
    retropactum Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Bahaha! This is great. :P
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    13. Don't try to rush it and force it or you're likely to damage something.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I've so done this in rental cars, trying to push in a clutch that wasn't there :tongue:
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    The best topic of the day- week- month.
    Nicely done OP.
  • Melaney1
    Melaney1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. This is so true.
    My husband tried to teach me how to drive a standard. I found it difficult and basically decided I wasn't going to learn.
    So I refused to drive that car. One day he left for work early and took the other vehicle. When I decided to leave for work that morning I found I was stuck with the standard, #$#%*. A long story short and double the driving time I made it to work. After that I kept on driving it.
    Trying to loose weight and live a healthier life style has been a struggle and you can't give up. Eventually you'll make it.