Pumpkin season

timbotina
timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
Looking for your best pumpkin recipes with fall upcoming. Pie, dips, coffee, muffins.....Low cal a plus ❤️

Replies

• timbotina
    Sounds great, gonna have to try for sure. Thanks
  • pjmfitforme
    pjmfitforme Posts: 161 Member
    Yum
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    I posted a bunch of recipes in this thread: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10693222/pumpkin-spice-season-is-here

I save money buying pumpkin pie spice from Frontier by the pound:

https://smile.amazon.com/Frontier-Pumpkin-Pie-Spice-Ounce/dp/B001VNGO2S/ref=sr_1_1_a_it

About the product
    • 1 Pound Bulk Bag
    • An aromatic blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves for pies, custards and eggnog
    • All-Natural, Kosher
    • Non-Irradiated
    • Frontier is a member owned co-op, responsible to people and planet
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    I JUST EAT ALL PUMPKIN EVERYTHING lol i'm not even worried about the calories I will make them fit
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    Pumpkin sausage chili is amazing. Follow the spices part of a regular chili but use sausage instead of other meat and I dump in a lot of roasted chopped chunks of pumpkin. I do put in a can of tomato paste. You can still put beans but a smaller Bean is better like a black bean or navy bean.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Roast pumpkin and sweet potato risotto is my favourite! I roast off the pumpkin and sweet potato (it gives a nicer flavour than just cooking) then cook off some onion and veg scraps (peppers, mushrooms....I've found most things go), add rice and chicken stock until the rice has absorbed then add the root veggies, spinach and touch of cheese
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Trader Joe’s pumpkin and butternut squash harvest sauce (tomato sauce flavor) is everything! It’s sweet and makes everything taste great!
  • alexa0ne
    alexa0ne Posts: 90 Member
    You know its time for so Halloween treats when you can see pumpkin all over the places.
  • Scorpiorx65
    Scorpiorx65 Posts: 2 Member
    Any low carb pumpkin recipes?
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Any low carb pumpkin recipes?

I'm going to add the Keto version of mine later today.
  • timbotina
    Found sugar free pumpkin praline syrup for my coffee....YUM
  • My favorite evening snack lately is homemade "ice cream" sandwiches...

9 graham crackers, broke into 2 squares
    1 tub of fat free, sugar free whipped topping
    1 single serve cup of light and fit greek yogurt (my favorite is the pumpkin pie one!)

Mix the yogurt and whipped topping together and pile it evenly over 9 graham cracker halves. Put the second halves on top like sandwiches. Freeze them on a cookie sheet about 2 hours, then cling wrap them individually! The texture is so satisfying! Especially the texture of the graham cracker after it kinda absorbs the liquid and freezes over!

106 calories each and so, so good!
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies With Caramel Frosting
    From Patty Wright, of Solvay

½ cup butter or margarine
    1½ cups sugar
    1 egg
    1 cup canned pumpkin
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2½ cups flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    ½ teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon nutmeg
    1 teaspoon. cinnamon
    1½ cups chocolate chips

For the caramel frosting:
    3 tablespoons butter
    4 tablespoons milk
    ½ cup brown sugar
    1 cup powdered sugar
    3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

To make the cookies: Cream butter and sugar together. Fold in egg, pumpkin and vanilla. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture; mix well. Add chocolate pieces, mix thoroughly. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto well-greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees in preheated oven for 15 minutes.

To make the frosting: Bring butter, milk and brown sugar to a boil and boil 2 minutes, then let cool. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix. Frost when cookies are cool.
  • timbotina
    Bumping for some new ones ❤️
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited October 2018