Legs at home with weights

Options
I am having to train at home with 90KG of weight, 2 dumbbells and a barbell, which really is turning out to be not as bad as I though it would be. But then I am lucky enough to walk out the front door and have miles of empty countryside to do my cardio.
One thing I am struggling with though, strength training on my legs, I am trying to be creative, but could do with some help, some kind of different squats or dead lift?, anything for the legs will help with what I have

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    There are so many leg exercises. If you have a rack you can do back or front squats. If not, you still have options such as landmine squats or lunges or reverse lunges, zercher squats, barbell hack squats, Bulgarian split squats, regular split squats, dumbbell front squats, goblet squats, step ups, db lunges, walking lunges, db reverse lunges, RDLs, landmine RDLs, deadlifts, sumo deadlifts, single leg RDLs, dumbbell leg curls, glute Bridges, hip thrusts, etc.

If I were you I'd pick a full body lifting program and then just find substitute exercises if you don't have the right equipment. Or pick a program like Fierce 5, which has both a dumbbell and a barbell version, and do a mashup of both.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I keep leg stuff basic. This worked for me and my goals. Not sure about yours, but here it is...

My last leg focused day involved -

5 rounds (using whatever weight is comfortable for you)
    10 front squats
    10 lunges each leg
    10 step ups each leg (onto a box or a chair)
    8 overhead push presses each side
    5 pistol squats each side
    5 single leg dead lifts each side
    10 box jumps (no weight)
    2 minutes jumping rope (no weight)