Replies

• phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    I just got to Maintenance.
    Do you weight every day?

I think I can maintain as I now know about portion control
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    At goal weight since March (this year). Lost 45 pounds. 2-4 of it I keep re-finding and re-losing (water weight and whatnot).

I basically decided to try and eat TDEE as my maintenance calorie goal. I don't exercise much (at all) so I have myself as sedentary for calculating TDEE, so I do actually eat back exercise calories sometimes when I do real exercise (I don't count house cleaning or gardening or anything like that, just legitimate 'put on special clothes and shoes for it' exercise). Generally when using TDEE method you don't eat your exercise calories. If I start exercising consistently (which would be best for me), I will recalculate TDEE based on a change in activity level, and eat at that rate and not eat back exercise calories.

Sorry if none of this made sense. It's just what I'm doing for maintenance.

ETA: I weigh in once a week generally, and I don't sweat it as long as I'm within 5 pounds of my goal weight.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Me, been at maintenance for 2 weeks, weigh myself every single day and my weight has not moved anywhere really

Monday (29/07/2013) - 10 stone 5 lbs - 145 lbs
    Tuesday (30/07/2013) - 10 stone 3 lbs & 1/2 - 143.75 lbs
    Wednesday (31/07/2013) - 10 stone 4 lbs & 1/4 - 144.25 lbs
    Thursday (01/08/2013) - 10 stone 2 lbs & 1/4 - 142.25 lbs
    Friday (02/08/2013) - 10 stone 3 lbs & 1/2 - 143.5 lbs
    Saturday (03/08/2013) - 10 stone 4 lbs & 1/4 - 144.25 lbs
    Sunday (04/08/2013) - 10 stone 3 lbs & 1/2 - 143.5 lbs

Monday (05/08/2013) - 10 stone 3 lbs & 1/2 - 143.5 lbs
    Tuesday (06/08/2013) - 10 stone 3 lbs & 3/4 - 143.75 lbs
    Wednesday (07/08/2013) - 10 stone 3 lbs & 3/4 - 143.75 lbs
    Thursday (08/08/2013) - 10 stone 4 lbs & 1/2 - 144.5 lbs

:)
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    I am...or need to gain a lb or two. I'm having trouble finding the sweet spot. Please feel free to friend me if you are in maintenance....esp if you are a shortie like me and have a low BMR. I'm just under 5'1" and my BMR is about 1150.
  • hzliiz
    hzliiz Posts: 166 Member
    I've just gone back to maintenance. I was maintaining for the most part for a few years but I had insidious weight creep happening earlier this year so I came back and have lost the few pounds to get back to comfortable. Lesson learned, will not stop tracking again...too easy to guesstimate my way back to pudgy.
  • I am. Been maintaining since Nov 2012.

I have been finding it a bit of a struggle recently. Not that I find my weight is creeping up too much, and it comes back into check ok, but man I find it stressful. Why cant finding and maintaining that balance be easy! I found losing the weight to be way easier.

Glad there is this forum, it is hard to find good helpful info regarding maintenance. A bajillion things on weight loss.

Cheers

Sandeerah.
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    I exceeded my target then went into maintenance mode since early March. It is tough. Harder than losing. It's tricky to get the right balance :smile:
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    been maintaining since June 2012...loving the new forums!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Hit my goal since May 2013. Eating more now. Losing & gaining the same 5lbs. My exercises these days are for body composition. My biggest mistake was not incorporating strength training & weights much earlier when I undertook this journey 19 months ago. Losing weight was the easy part. Trying to keep it off is more challenging.
  • markink81
    markink81 Posts: 73 Member
    Bump.
  • It is nice to see this section. I guess I am in maintenance. I have reached my goal but will probably never feel like I am in maintenance. It will always be a battle.

Yep, been in maintenance for about 2 months. Since then I have quit smoking (6 1/2 weeks) and gained 7 lbs. I will always have to count calories too. That's what foodaholics do! I met a nurse a couple of weeks ago when my hubby was in the hospital. She had lost her weight 10 years ago and said she had been counting calories every day for the past 10 years to maintain it. I thought Wow! At least I know it can be done now.
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I hit goal in May, crashed & burned immediately. Gained 5 back which I can't seem to lose again, plus now want to lose 5 more. Back to the drawing board. One thing I found out I did wrong was to increase calories to maintenance right away. Once I hit goal again, I'll increase 100 calories a week til I get to maintenance level.
  • bubblesmybubbles
    bubblesmybubbles Posts: 10 Member
    Me!
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    I'm very close to changing to maintenance...I'm within 3 pounds of my goal weight. I'm mostly wanting to lose more belly fat, and then I'd like to build muscle. It's good to see more people who are working towards some of the same goals!
  • coffeepuff
    coffeepuff Posts: 13 Member
    Who-hoo! I am loving this thread!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Me! I feel great but can't quit smoking. I wonder if I stopped feeling great if I would quit. I love to smoke so much that I wonder if hypnosis might help. I don't want to stop smoking though I know I should.
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    I am very close to making the big switch!!!! Can't wait for the challenge! (Am I NUTS?)
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    On maintenance for a year now. Learned a lot on the way of what to do and what not, what to allow myself and what not to.
  • fretless1965
    fretless1965 Posts: 26 Member
    I've been on maintenance for two months.

Just this week I started to eat the same amount every day (2400 cals for now) in an attempt to approach this from a weekly average approach rather than daily totals. I'm starting marathon training soon, so some of my calorie burns will become very large. I cannot eat back all the calories I burn on an 18 mile run. I will watch my weight and make adjustments as necessary.

Even though this is new, unfamiliar territory for me, I'm really glad to be here.
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Just log in and happy to see this new section on the board. :)

I have been in maintenance for almost a year now. It is still an trial and error for me to find my right TDEE to eat. I am still weight, count and log my food daily though and even until now I am still afraid of overeating things. >.<