zucchini 'noodles' -- game changer!

Options
I used to roll my eyes at the idea of spiralized zucchini with pasta sauce.

I love it! I bought my spiralizer at Bed Bath and Beyond -- super easy to use. A new favorite lunch/dinner is a big bowl of zoodles with marinara sauce tossed with a sauteed sausage. I sautee the sausage first, add the sauce to heat it up, and then add the zoodles for a minute or two. Quick, easy, affordable, so filling and tastes fresh and delicious!

My giant portion of zoodles has only 50 calories. :) (Obviously the sauce and meat add more calories.)

You might want to give it a try.

Replies

• Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my spiralizer. Got it for $20 at Canadian Tire. Mostly use it for zoodles. They’re a great way to get full on few calories.
  • lasvegasconcertgirl
    Options
    Ha! That's how I felt when I first discovered spaghetti squash. It's a great feeling! Enjoy!
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Ha! That's how I felt when I first discovered spaghetti squash. It's a great feeling! Enjoy!

I have still never tried spaghetti squash!
  • makinemjellis
    makinemjellis Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    my spiralizer has been one of the best food-related products I've purchased in a long time
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I used to think a lot of these substitute things were dumb (cauliflower rice, etc.), but now that I've tried a lot of them, I think many of them are great!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I love my zoodle marinara as well. Sometimes for a side dish I don't use the marinara or spaghetti sauce. I toss it with real butter, a little salt, pepper and garlic and it makes a great and fast side dish. I am watching both carbs and calories so this is perfect for both. (It replaces those mashed potatoes I used to eat on the side at dinner!)
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I got a Vegetti for Christmas,,,its still in the box unused,,time to whip it out!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Being as how I have a boat load of zucchini from my garden, I may have to try zoodles, based on the comments made here.
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    What brand or type of spiralizer do you have? I tried one of the little hand ones and found it to be a pain in the butt.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    kgb6days wrote: »
    OK - what am I missing???? I got a spiralizer and gave it a try. Mind you I love veggies, zucchini being one of them. I was WAY under impressed. I've never been able o make spaghetti squash work for me either. If I want spaghetti, I want the real deal. It just doesn't fool me into believing that it's really spaghetti. I've even tried sautéing them with EVOO and seasonings - nope. Just doesn't do it for me. Anybody want a spiralizer?

No thank you. I can buy the veggies "noodles" in the market. It saves me a lot of time without the need for additional gadgets. :)
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    totally side note but this thread reminded me how much i like to make curly fries with my spiralizer.....i know whats for lunch.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    Being as how I have a boat load of zucchini from my garden, I may have to try zoodles, based on the comments made here.

You should! I was a complete naysayer -- thought the idea was silly.
    I was wrong. The zucchini noodles are delicious.
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    OK - what am I missing???? I got a spiralizer and gave it a try. Mind you I love veggies, zucchini being one of them. I was WAY under impressed. I've never been able o make spaghetti squash work for me either. If I want spaghetti, I want the real deal. It just doesn't fool me into believing that it's really spaghetti. I've even tried sautéing them with EVOO and seasonings - nope. Just doesn't do it for me. Anybody want a spiralizer?

I'd like one, if it's not the little hand held one :)
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    iowalinda wrote: »

I'd like one, if it's not the little hand held one :)

my little hand held one works great once i figured it out :o