Any other horseriders?

Options

Replies

• silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Horse lover here...I rarely have opportunity to ride, but I'm looking into lessons. Basic first going into jumping...XD Very excited!
    It's been my dream to own since I was old enough to walk but the fact that I don't drive makes that very difficult seeing as most of the boarding stables are a good half-hour by car away and there is no public transit that goes to those places.

I love the pics people are posting and I'd love to see more!
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    MEEEEE well more an owner I can't ride what I have :-/ I do ride my friends though xx I would post a pic of my babies but I have no idea how to lol

You have to upload your photos to a site like photobucket.com. Once uploaded, to the right of the photos are links to them you can copy. You copy the one next to 'Direct'.

Then you come over here and put that link in between these tags, but without the spaces: [ img ]pasted link[ /img ]. Make sure to keep the lower case.

And there you go! :)
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My profile photo is my 10-year-old Trakehner mare...Aurora...aka "the princess". Any one else ever owned or ridden a Trakehner?
  • Smcptn
    Smcptn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I love horses and have two. :)
  • SweetIDRider
    SweetIDRider Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do! One of my goals is to get in shape for endurance riding and 3 yrs from this summer a Ride and Tie!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Have been riding all my life and one of my best friends is my 26yr old Icelandic horse. We've been partners for almost 20yrs now.

He is blind on one eye, doesn't see much with the other one, but is otherwise healthy and happy. I ride him 3-4 times a week and go to a trainer about once a month. The rest of the time he likes to hang out with his two buddies in the stall, the paddock or the pasture...

The lighter I get, the longer I will be able to enjoy our rides together.
  • crystalxsxsxs
    Options
    Me!! Absolutely love it!!! :)
  • Darcie45
    Darcie45 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I do! We have 4 horses and 2 elderly ponies. One of the reasons I want to lose weight is to make riding Molly (my paint mare) more enjoyable for both of us!
  • Rainbowrabbit
    Options
    I have a horse and he is my motivation for reaching my goal weight - and staying there :wink:
    I have only just joined so feel free to add me as a friend :heart:
  • katskradle22
    Options
    Me! I have a polish arabian gelding, a paint gelding, and a morgan mare :) Where can I find the horse enthusiast group? I'm a total newbie lol
  • TripZeros
    TripZeros Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My parents own a horse ranch! I've been riding since I was two and a half :) I only own one horse now- A paint/tb cross mare. I've had her since she was a weanling and she turned 12 this May! Sadly, she's not sound to ride due to a pasture injury last year, but she's still my beautiful retired pasture pal. Hoping to get another horse here in a couple years, but I can't afford two horses at the moment. :)
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Ick double post :3
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I am addicted to horses and riding ( when I loose a little more weight i am back in the saddle!!) I am getting my own horse this year or next, still not sure what breed.. I am looking into Mustang, QH and Irish Cob. I did a lot of jumping before my car accident and was unable to ride for 2 years!! But I am slowly getting back on track and will get back in that saddle!!
  • Tehya85
    Tehya85 Posts: 23
    Options
    Pick me pick me! I have an 18 year old Paint mare and her 4 year old Paint Bred daughter. Tried to upload photos but they are way too big so will try and edit them!

Love my ponies!
  • kittyd7015
    kittyd7015 Posts: 4,546 Member
    Options
    bumping this in case anyone has managed to get there pics sorted yet? xxx
  • sillyblackpony
    Options
    Yep! I am an endurance rider, I own one mare at the moment. I used to do barrels, and once upon a time Pleasure/Equitation. Unfortunately haven't ridden much in the past year due to surgery, but I'm slowly getting back into it and building up the correct muscles.

I'd love other horsey friends :)
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My profile photo is my 10-year-old Trakehner mare...Aurora...aka "the princess". Any one else ever owned or ridden a Trakehner?

My most recent lesson horse was a Trakehner gelding. He was older, so a little arthritic, but on the days he was feeling good he moved like no other horse I have ever ridden. Rode my first ever canter pirouette on him and it was such an incredible feeling!!

When I was younger I had appaloosa's and quarter horses and did western and english pleasure shows, gymkhana and barrel racing. After college I moved on to eventing. My love is dressage!!! No greater connection with a horse IMO!

Currently not riding due to time and money issues :(
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yep, here. Have a mustang mare and a Missouri Foxtrotter!
  • kittyd7015
    kittyd7015 Posts: 4,546 Member
    Options
    Yep, here. Have a mustang mare and a Missouri Foxtrotter!
    Would loveee to see pics :-)
  • Nephere
    Options
    I started riding when I was 7, and started training mustangs when I was 12. I rode everything: hunter/jumper, dressage, western, speed, endurance, bareback. You name it, I rode it. Except sidesaddle. Did that once and never again, kay thanks >.>

I trained horses for 8 years. I had three mustangs I trained from the ground up for dressage and driving (they said it couldn't be done >8D). Two of them were straight from the wild, and the third was a rescue. He was taken from the wild pretty young, then went to two different places who both gave him nothing but mistreatment and neglect. He was the toughest, but together we made it through and he became a wonderful companion! I also trained several other horses for various things. For instance, one woman wanted me to train three of her dressage horses for western pleasure. That was... interesting.

One of the farms I was working on regularly had a change in management, so I had to stop going for reasons. The other one I went to regularly relocated to another state :'( So I've been horse-less since January. I miss them all. Even the goats and evil peahens.

The horse in my profile picture is my best friend in the whole wide world, even though I haven't seen him in months. He resides on the farm that had the management change. I still watch the farm when the owners go on vacation, so I get to see him once in a while. His name is Bourban Lad, or just Lad for short. He's now 14, I think. He's clingy, but only to me. If I'm out in the field, he always runs up to me, and tries to wedge his way between me and the other horses. If I give one of the others more attention than I give him, he wanders off and looks all dejected. It's rather adorable, to be honest. He's protective of me, and has saved me from a coyote before (scariest night of my life, hands-down). He likes to mess with me and make me annoyed, but he always makes up for it after, and never does anything too terrible. (Mind you, his personality is quite different for everyone else. For his owners, he acts fairly grumpy, to say the least. He begrudgingly does what they ask only after they've asked two or three times. He runs from everyone else when they try to catch him, and generally doesn't care for most people.) The family has been trying to sell him for years, but no one wants him because of his looks. He's half QH, but the other half is a huge mix of who knows what. He is only 14.2hh. His head is the same size as their 17.1hh horse, his neck is as thick as a clydesdale's but as short as a pony's, he's as round as a large horse with a back almost as short as a small pony, and his legs are built tough, but rather short. Overall, he's a bit awkward to look at. The family is only willing to sell him to someone who will show him, but no one wants to show an awkward-looking mixed breed. When we stopped showing dressage, I trained him for barrels, since my old barrel racer was about to retire. He picked up neck reining pretty quickly, but when it came to turns, he thought you were supposed to slow down and bend properly, not spin on a dime and charge to the next one. I tried to teach him to jump, as well. I spent two years trying, and never once did we ever get past walking over poles. I tried EVERYTHING, from leading him, to having someone else lead him, to just plain determination. I've seen him jump four foot gates from a stand-still multiple times, but the moment he had a rider, he couldn't do it. He just could not get off the ground if he had someone on his back.

Anyways, I'm rambling. I could go on for pages and pages, but I shall spare you all ^.^;;; I apologize for rambling this much...