Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Diet Coke

Options
I'd love to hear some debate on drinking diet coke while attempting to lose weight by counting calories. 😁

Replies

• pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I have a friend who does the KETO thing and the one thing he does give himself is Diet Coke and he has lost over 100lbs doing it. If what you are doing is working then stick with it.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    I've heard all the negatives and I just don't care! I have one diet Coke a day after my workout and I will often have a diet something in the evening. Mostly my sparkling water that is loaded with the evil aspartame. ;)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I've heard all the negatives and I just don't care! I have one diet Coke a day after my workout and I will often have a diet something in the evening. Mostly my sparkling water that is loaded with the evil aspartame. ;)

I've never seen a sweetened sparkling water. Part of the appeal to me is that they are absolutely not sweet. So I've never seen one with aspartame, stevia, sugar....any sweeteners.

Diet Dr Pepper is my jam, not Coke, but the premise is still the same. It has virtually no calories. It doesn't contribute to weight gain.

Fruit2o, sparkling ice are 2 brands w sweeteners. Very tasty.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    My husband and I gave it up a number of years ago. But I don't think it is inherently bad. We now drink Deer Park Sparkling water.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Why would you give diet pop (or any other food or drink) up?
    No need to give it up.
    Many of us drink diet pop every day, and eat whatever we want as long as we stay within our calorie budget for weight loss. I lost over 1/2 my body weight adhering to all foods in moderation and staying within my daily calorie allotment.
    No debate necessary, eating/drinking less calories than your body burns = weight loss. Fact.
    I have been drinking pop with artificial sweetener for over 50 years, and I am still around to tell about it. No health issues whatsoever and no prescription meds.
  • funmomwannabe
    funmomwannabe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a sensitivity to Nutrasweet so I try to avoid it. I drink Zevia instead which contains stevia.
  • mPeace41
    mPeace41 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    At work we have the small 7.5oz soft drink cans. I will have one diet coke for lunch.