Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Diet Coke

Options

Replies

• ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I've heard all the negatives and I just don't care! I have one diet Coke a day after my workout and I will often have a diet something in the evening. Mostly my sparkling water that is loaded with the evil aspartame. ;)

I've never seen a sweetened sparkling water. Part of the appeal to me is that they are absolutely not sweet. So I've never seen one with aspartame, stevia, sugar....any sweeteners.

Diet Dr Pepper is my jam, not Coke, but the premise is still the same. It has virtually no calories. It doesn't contribute to weight gain.

Fruit2o, sparkling ice are 2 brands w sweeteners. Very tasty.

I haven't seen Fruit2O here, I have seen Sparkling Ice. Never tried it though.

I have tried LaCroix, Bubbly, Dasani sparkling, Spendrift....no sweeteners.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    There is a thread in the food and nutrition section called "why aspartame isn't scary" which you may find helpful. It was a little too sciencey for me but you might be smarter than I am.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    There is a thread in the food and nutrition section called "why aspartame isn't scary" which you may find helpful. It was a little too sciencey for me but you might be smarter than I am.

Right here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary/p1

tl;dr - Aspartame is composed of two amino acids, both of which you get a lot more of from commonly eaten foods than you do in a can of diet soda.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke is the devil! Don’t put that swill in your body. It turns straight to fat.

COKE ZERO FOR LIFE!

*smoke bomb*

Oh how could you MsW Zero tastes of Coke. Diet all the way for me. I'm institutionalised to its 90s taste.

I'm drinking a can now while my daughter's have Skate practice.

2gq84nw185wr.jpg