Hearing your stories

Options
Hello! I struggled 2 years with emotional binge eating after being anorexic for an year in highschool. Right now, I am a medicine student, doing what I like. However I am still treating my problem with my therapist. This September I decided it's high time I got over this inconvenience in my life. I am training 6 days/week. However, I am not a talkative person and, therefore, I don't have friends(that is why I have this coping mechanism). Posting this message because I want to commit to my goal and to listen to your stories. Therefore, I am looking forward to knowing you better and establishing healthy relationships.☺️

Replies

• Chelsi1028
    Chelsi1028 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey there, emotional eater here too. Basically my entire life. Grew up with a dad that caused a lot of anxiety. Shouting, super high expectations, crazy mood swings. I think that's kind of what made me turn to food for comfort. I was an extremely quiet and shy kid. Still am. Struggle with a lot of anxiety. Being online I feel like I'm more "talkative" because the pressure of being face to face with people isn't there. It's not the same you know? So I get your situation a bit. Been working 2 years to lose like 140 pounds (half my body weight I started at 280) I've lost 60 so far. Food gets in the way, I have the exercising part down. If you want a MFP friend you can add me if you want :smile:
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

I want to recommend this group here on MFP. Joining a team is a great way to integrate yourself into a group of like-minded individuals with similar goals. You automatically are placed on a team and join a chat group to provide mutual support and have some fun while you lose weight in a mildly competitive situation. Sometimes being on a team can help you see yourself differently.