Roasted Radishes

Options
I made roasted radishes last night from a recipe I got from WW's They were just awesome and will be a great substitute for potatoes, The roasting mellows them right out and on weight watchers they are zero points. Try them, you will love it.

Replies

• iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    megamom wrote: »
    I made roasted radishes last night from a recipe I got from WW's They were just awesome and will be a great substitute for potatoes, The roasting mellows them right out and on weight watchers they are zero points. Try them, you will love it.

Details would be helpful :)
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I have tried it with the giant white radishes (daikon) from the Asian market. Turnip recipes work well with those. I found it to be an interesting side dish I only wanted a little of.
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Radishes are amazing roasted or fresh. They are less spicy when roasted. I add only salt to mine.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Interesting, thank you!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »

Even better and much cheaper are rutabagas. 2019 new superfood. Move over kale lol :)

I tried a roasted rutabaga recipe that I liked - dice it, bag/toss with a little olive oil and seasoning of choice, 425 for ~40 minutes (check it around 30; if you diced small and have it really spread out it may be ready).
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »

Even better and much cheaper are rutabagas. 2019 new superfood. Move over kale lol :)

I have yet to find a way to prepare rutabaga that I like. It always ends up tasting like tears and disappointment. As long as it's not raw, I'm open to any recommendations!

Kale was sooo 2017. 2018 is all about the matcha. :p
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    iowalinda, I'm not sure how the OP did it, but here is a good recipe for roasted radishes:

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/roasted-radishes-with-brown-butter-lemon-and-radish-tops-364609