I'm heavier than I look, and my weight won't go down.

Options
2»

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with everything you have said in your OP.

I am a UK size 14-16, stuck at my current weight, and I look smaller than I weigh, everyone says so. However I'm not happy with whats in the mirror and I'm not happy in a 2 piece swimsuit either! So I feel your pain to see the needle staying stuck on the same point (or going up).

Have you tried measuring yourself with a tape measure? Often the scales dont reflect whats going on but the measurements will......

It can be very frustrating! I took my measurements on Sunday so I'm going to compare them in a couple of weeks' time. Hopefully that will give me a boost as my problem has always been that I don't see any positive results from healthy eating and exercise, so I just give up.

It can take awhile. You have to decide that you are in it for the long haul even if it takes 1 year or 5 years. The benefits aren't all just how you look. Of course that is easier for me to say now because I'm like, old, and healthy becomes more important.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    if you look smaller then does it matter, it's just a number

All fine and good, and I hear where you're coming from but when you go the doctor all they look at is weight. Very frustrating.

I was an athlete back in the day, and I've always been quite solid. Any time I change a doctor, or when I had to go through all the pre-surgery stuff when I had my knees replaced, all the docs didn't believe me. So yeah, bf % would be more accurate, but it's frustrating that the medical profession only looks at BMI, which is only based on weight.