Mortified

Options
I am turning 40 in February and am at the doctors office and I have never weighed this much in my life. I did weight watchers 10 years ago and lost 25 lbs and kept it off for 5 years. I am 5’5 and 152 lbs. I’m mortified. I want to lose at least 20 by my 40th. As of yesterday I have given up alcohol since it’s useless calories! Any motivation is helpful!

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Well, good to start now while you are only a little bit overweight according to bmi rather than let it go further and risk health issues. Good luck.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    You can imagine how I felt last December when I went to my doctor fearing a sinus infection. I, indeed had one, but she seemed more concerned with my weight-173 at 5’2.5. Talk about mortified.
    I started here third week of January, and am down 39 pounds as of this morning.
    You can do it too-plug your stats in here and begin logging your foods/beverages. Just do it every day- it’s a calorie deficit *over time* that will get you where you want to be.
    Best of luck, and read around the forums as there is a ton of collective wisdom here!
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Take being mortified as your wake up call :) We've all been there, so please don't be hard on yourself. I will admit something here: when I first started out with my weight loss three months ago, I measured myself, and also wrote the dress size next to it.

Now, when I started out, I was carrying a lot of belly fat. I had size 12 hips, size 14 bust and my waist? (these are Aussie sizes) Let's just say it was disproportionately larger than my other measurements. I could see it was more than size 14. I couldn't face that, so I didn't go looking for what size that measurement was, because I was so ashamed and didn't want to know. Two months later, after I'd dropped a few sizes on my waist, I became curious and looked up my starting weight dress size for my waist. It was size 18. I could handle knowing that AFTER losing the weight, but if I'd known when I started, I think I may have been really down on myself.

We all start out with things we're not happy with, but that's why we're trying to change. And you WILL get there, so take heart!