Pumpkin spice season is here!

Options
124»

Replies

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Dude, it's like 95 degrees here with a 1000% humidity. The last thing that sounds appealing is pumpkin spice.

I can relate, I live in Florida 😎🏖🏝⛱🌤 I used to love pumpkin but do not at all now. I do like kambucha squash. I much prefer the peppermint mochas, gingerbread, molasses and cinnamon even. I ate way too much umpkin on a crazy diet I had in high school. Lol
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Oh yeh.
    Pumpkin bread
    Pumpkin pie
    AND don't leave the apple spice of the season behind!!
    Apple Crisp
    Apple Pie
    Apple Bread

I've been using pumpkin pie spice in apple cake LONG before it was a thing :)

https://newenglandapples.org/2013/10/06/fresh-spencers-in-mrs-cheneys-nobby-apple-cake/

I'm not quite ready to start baking, but I'll get there soon.

My local fruit farm has a new variety of early apple that I adore - Zestar.

*sigh* I can't bake any of that stuff because I can make it disappear faster than magic while dh will eat like a normal person, 1 serving a day. He always asks me what happened to 'whatever it is I made and wolfed down' which makes me feel like a pig. :( Maybe I'll check out something in a one-serving mug. :)

I hear ya! My current strategy is to bake the day before I go visit my mother and brother. I have one serving at home and one with them, and leave the rest with them :)

Other times I share with my neighbors.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Oh yeh.
    Pumpkin bread
    Pumpkin pie
    Apple Crisp
    Apple Pie
    Apple Bread

https://newenglandapples.org/2013/10/06/fresh-spencers-in-mrs-cheneys-nobby-apple-cake/

*sigh* I can't bake any of that stuff because I can make it disappear faster than magic while dh will eat like a normal person, 1 serving a day. He always asks me what happened to 'whatever it is I made and wolfed down' which makes me feel like a pig. :( Maybe I'll check out something in a one-serving mug. :)

You know, looking at that recipe, it's only for an 8x8 pan, so not a huge amount. Plus, I think it would freeze really well. If you really wanted to make it, you could cut portions for yourself and your husband, and freeze the rest in individual portions.

Nono, you don't seem to understand. I'll know it's in the freezer and am sure frozen will taste just as good. :blush:

Sometimes freezing works for me but I currently have what my OH calls "World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies" in the freezer and they are calling to me...
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Oh yeh.
    Pumpkin bread
    Pumpkin pie
    Apple Crisp
    Apple Pie
    Apple Bread

I can relate, but my husband can just ignore it totally, so I get “stuck” eating it all. I have a spice cake mix and can of pumpkin to make the low cal muffins, tempting me. It’s going to be 85 today, but highs are in the 50’s and 60’s the rest of the week. Baking weather finally here. (No central a/c)