Science and Weight loss

Options
Some chemistry and science on how we lose weight :)

The Mathematics of Weight Loss

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Eat less, move more and keep breathing!! Yep
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Very Fascinating.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    I watched that youtube clip again just the other day. It is quite interesting, it's hard to fathom that is what happens to the fat we lose.
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    That kind of explains this.

gkw5lsfzyjyb.jpg
    Interesting (and a nifty graphic). It's hard to say this without it sounding like a challenge, which is not how I mean it, but I would love to know lots more about the science behind that graphic. Do you have a source for it, or something more google-able than "the Whoosh!"? Thanks. :)
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    That kind of explains this.

gkw5lsfzyjyb.jpg
    Interesting (and a nifty graphic). It's hard to say this without it sounding like a challenge, which is not how I mean it, but I would love to know lots more about the science behind that graphic. Do you have a source for it, or something more google-able than "the Whoosh!"? Thanks. :)

graphic stolen from here

another article here

There have been several forum posts on the topic as well. A lot of them tend to say that water replaces the fat in the cell, but the video posted above sounds more like as we lose (burn) fat, it becomes converted to water in a chemical reaction. Then the water is eventually released by the body.